Shingles and Nausea - from FDA reports
Nausea is found among people with Shingles, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Valtrex and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Nausea with Shingles. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 802 people who have Shingles from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
802 people who have Shingles and Nausea are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Shingles and experience Nausea *:
- female: 73.08 %
- male: 26.92 %
Age of people who have Shingles and experience Nausea *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.14 %
- 10-19: 1.28 %
- 20-29: 1.99 %
- 30-39: 2.84 %
- 40-49: 6.97 %
- 50-59: 13.66 %
- 60+: 73.12 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (149 people, 18.58%)
- Pain (89 people, 11.10%)
- Diabetes (32 people, 3.99%)
- Preventive Health Care (30 people, 3.74%)
- Constipation (28 people, 3.49%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Valtrex (445 people, 55.49%)
- Lyrica (108 people, 13.47%)
- Zovirax (75 people, 9.35%)
- Norvasc (46 people, 5.74%)
- Famvir (41 people, 5.11%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (348 people, 43.39%)
- Dizziness (201 people, 25.06%)
- Renal Failure Acute (171 people, 21.32%)
- Headache (135 people, 16.83%)
- Malaise (131 people, 16.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nausea and Shingles?
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) can be treated by Valtrex, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Valacyclovir, Lyrica (latest reports from 39,263 Shingles patients)
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with depression, high blood cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 456,659 Nausea patients).