Home > Sinusitis > Syncope > Sinusitis and Syncope
Review: could Sinusitis cause Syncope (Fainting)?
We study 11,664 people who have Sinusitis from FDA and social media. Among them, 162 have Syncope (Fainting). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Sinusitis and Syncope >>>
Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus) (latest reports from 230,236 patients) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, Levaquin, Augmentin '875', Avelox, Zithromax.
Syncope (loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone) (latest reports from 319,091 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 11,660 people who have sinusitis are studied. Among them, 162 (1.39%) have Syncope.
Gender of people who have sinusitis and experienced Syncope * :
Age of people who have sinusitis and experienced Syncope * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hiv infection (15 people, 9.26%)
- Acute sinusitis (12 people, 7.41%)
- Laryngitis (9 people, 5.56%)
- Pain (9 people, 5.56%)
- Hypothyroidism (8 people, 4.94%)
- Acne (7 people, 4.32%)
- Headache (7 people, 4.32%)
- Asthma (6 people, 3.70%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (6 people, 3.70%)
- Eczema (6 people, 3.70%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Avelox (69 people, 42.59%)
- Levaquin (23 people, 14.20%)
- Ketek (18 people, 11.11%)
- Levofloxacin (16 people, 9.88%)
- Loratadine (15 people, 9.26%)
- Reyataz (15 people, 9.26%)
- Nexium (14 people, 8.64%)
- Viread (12 people, 7.41%)
- Zithromax (11 people, 6.79%)
- Synthroid (11 people, 6.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sinusitis and Syncope?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Syncope and Sinusitis
- support group for people who have Sinusitis
- support group for people who have Syncope
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I have had crohns disease since 1990 and was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 3 years ago. I have osteoarthritis, fibromyalga, hypothyroid since 1980. I just recently started experiencing lightheadedness, dizziness, headaches,feeling faint and feeling as if i was going to be sick to my stomach all at the same time about 2 weeks ago. I am under a little stress, my cousin just passed away. I am also on 30 mg's of prednisone and have been since the end of April 2014
From this study (2 years ago):
Eileen on Oct, 17, 2012:
Female, 49, Canada....severe nausea after taking this medication. Took three hours to recover, won't be taking it again! had to take a Gravol to counteract the Sinutab
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Does calritin or loratidine cause fainting?
31 year old healthy male, never takes any medications and rarely gets sick had a bad allergy season and took Claritin (24 hr) once daily for two months.
Randomly had a syncope/fainting episode and a week later still feeling lightheaded/fainting feeling. Also has random bumpy rash on right elbow. ...
- Hives related to atrial fibrillation
after eating and sometime activity, I get flushed and I start itching in my scalp which progresses to my whole body, then I break out in hives get lightheaded and sometimes nauseated then will eventually pass out if I do not lay down. I have been told I go into Afib. But I have worn a monitor and ...
More questions for: Sinusitis, Syncope
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- I fainted on oxaprozin
I've fainted before (trypanophobia, you know) but never out of the blue before. It was so unexpected I didn't even know what happened until I nearly hit the ground, but this was very different from any fainting I've done before. I felt numb afterwards and couldn't think straight. I felt okay after a ...
More reviews for: Sinusitis, Syncope
Common treatments for Sinusitis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Sinusitis symptoms:
Syncope related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (52 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (52 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Abnormal Orgasm Female
- Wrinkles Aging Changes
- Benazepril Hydrochloride 20mg