Review: could Sjogren's syndrome cause Constipation?
We study 1,063 people who have Sjogren's syndrome from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Sjogren's syndrome and Constipation >>>
Sjogren's syndrome (latest reports from 9,735 patients) can be treated by Plaquenil, Evoxac, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Prednisone, Salagen, Restasis.
Constipation (latest reports from 509,292 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Aug, 17, 2014: 1,062 people who have sjogren's syndrome are studied. Among them, 9 (0.85%) have Constipation. They amount to 0.00% of all the 509,255 people who have Constipation on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have sjogren's syndrome and experienced Constipation * :
Age of people who have sjogren's syndrome and experienced Constipation * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (6 people, 66.67%)
- Fibromyalgia (3 people, 33.33%)
- Sleep disorder (3 people, 33.33%)
- Depression (2 people, 22.22%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 22.22%)
- Oesophagitis (2 people, 22.22%)
- Pain (2 people, 22.22%)
- Bone pain (2 people, 22.22%)
- Blood pressure (2 people, 22.22%)
- Glaucoma (2 people, 22.22%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Solu-medrol (3 people, 33.33%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 33.33%)
- Calcium (3 people, 33.33%)
- Arava (3 people, 33.33%)
- Lyrica (3 people, 33.33%)
- Plaquenil (3 people, 33.33%)
- Dexilant (2 people, 22.22%)
- Cymbalta (2 people, 22.22%)
- Nuvigil (2 people, 22.22%)
- Evoxac (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Constipation and Sjogren's syndrome
- group for people who have Sjogren's syndrome
- group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
I would like to know if these medications are compatible and if they could have caused a recent serious bout of C Diff. I suspect Vimovo.
From this study (6 days ago):
constipated for 7 days with no bowel movement.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Sjogren's syndrome, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Lithium constipation and tremor
After taking Lithium Carb for about three months, I realize I've been moderately constipated for several weeks. I also have been nauseous and suddenly realize that it's probably related to the nausea and maybe the cause of it.
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
More reviews for: Sjogren's syndrome, Constipation
Common treatments for Sjogren's Syndrome and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Sjogren's syndrome symptoms:
Constipation related symptom studies:
- Constipation in Blood pressure (2,747 reports)
- Constipation in Depression (2,363 reports)
- Constipation in Hypercholesterolemia (1,978 reports)
- Constipation in Hypertension (3,034 reports)
- Constipation in Multiple myeloma (1,756 reports)
- Constipation in Multiple sclerosis (1,502 reports)
- Constipation in Osteoporosis (3,306 reports)
- Constipation in Pain (3,215 reports)
- Constipation in Stop smoking (1,725 reports)
- Constipation in Type 2 diabetes (1,507 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.