Review: could Stress and anxiety cause Atrial fibrillation?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation could be caused by Stress and anxiety, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take Aspirin.
We study 61,321 people who have Stress and anxiety from FDA and social media. Among them, 361 have Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
How are my drugs for patients like me? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now, it's anonymous, simple & free >>>
Stress and anxiety
Stress and anxiety (latest reports from 1,272,477 patients) is typically treated by Xanax, Klonopin, Clonazepam, Lorazepam, Ativan, Lexapro.
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 378,847 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Apr, 11, 2014: 61,272 people who have stress and anxiety are studied. Among them, 363 (0.59%) have Atrial Fibrillation. They amount to 0.09% of all the 382,727 people who have Atrial Fibrillation on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have stress and anxiety and experienced Atrial fibrillation * :
|Atrial fibrillation||68.59%||31.41% |
Age of people who have stress and anxiety and experienced Atrial fibrillation * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.32%||1.32%||5.01%||17.15%||75.46% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||21.43%||50.00%||28.57%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (89 people, 24.52%)
- Pain (77 people, 21.21%)
- Depression (59 people, 16.25%)
- Insomnia (48 people, 13.22%)
- Osteoporosis (40 people, 11.02%)
- Prophylaxis (30 people, 8.26%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (29 people, 7.99%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (27 people, 7.44%)
- Constipation (25 people, 6.89%)
- Hypothyroidism (25 people, 6.89%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Aspirin (102 people, 28.10%)
- Xanax (90 people, 24.79%)
- Ativan (77 people, 21.21%)
- Coumadin (58 people, 15.98%)
- Lorazepam (48 people, 13.22%)
- Multaq (47 people, 12.95%)
- Digoxin (45 people, 12.40%)
- Paxil (42 people, 11.57%)
- Synthroid (42 people, 11.57%)
- Lexapro (41 people, 11.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Stress and anxiety, Atrial fibrillation
You can also:
Common treatments for Stress And Anxiety and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
Does cannabis cause raised Parathyroid hormone?
From this study (1 year ago):
Note for #3 long QT syndrome: family doc put on 80mg of Citalopram, possible cause; reduction to 40mg by cardiologist
See above note; plus heavy alcohol use at the time; have since stopped; 3 drinks per week only
From this study (5 years ago):
I have had two attacks of atrial fibrillation in the first three weeks of taking Prednisone.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What has been the overall treatment plan for people suffering from champix/chantix side effects?
I took Champix for the full 12 weeks prescribed. While taking Champix I was happier than I've ever been, it was like a revelation, I had it all figured out and wanted everyone around me to be happy. I quit smoking on my quit date, no cravings, etc. That part worked. I had a couple episodes of ju ...
- Can trileptal cause a-fib
I had an ablation. I got irregular hr on lyrica for neuropathy peripheral.md changed to oxcarbazepine. do these drugs cause a-fib. what is best pain med that does not cause a-fib or tachycardia.cymbalta,paxil Prozac caused atrial tachy and a-fib.?
- How to stop the esophageal spasm caused by anxiety?
Since 5 months im suffering from esophageal spasm and difficulty in breathing and dizziness and when I talk I have pain in my chest.i went to many doctors and they all said that the reason is anxiety and panic attack. I started taking cepralix 10 mg since 4 days.please help me and tell me a way to g ...
More questions for: Stress and anxiety, Atrial fibrillation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Nasalcrom caused potential anxiety attacks
I have a sinus infection that did not go away with a ten day course of Cefuroxime. I went back to the doctor and was subscribed a two week course of Cefuroxime, plus Montelukast for allergy, and NasalCrom for inflamed sinuses. Since I began the NasalCrom, I have been experiencing anxiety attacks. ...
- Ocd / anxiety sufferer
I have the following 'fake' symptoms because of my OCD/anxiety:
- neck stiffness
- scalp pain
- memory problems
More reviews for: Stress and anxiety, Atrial fibrillation
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydrochlorothiazide, Prilosec, Benadryl for a 48-year ... (1 minute ago)
- Compare Tramadol and Doxycycline for a 74-year old woman (1 hour ago)
- Gravol, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Kytril, Promazin ... (1 hour ago)
- Neurontin, Ambien, Indocin, Maxzide, Wellbutrin Sr, A ... (1 hour ago)
- Bystolic, Tamoxifen Citrate for a 56-year old woman w ... (2 hours ago)
How to use eHealthMe?
- Stress and anxiety (42,872 reports)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Citalopram Hydrobromide
- Effexor Xr
- Sertraline Hydrochloride
- Propranolol Hydrochloride
Recent user comments
- "Family member diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Started ... " (1 hour ago)
- "My whole blood lactic acid is 0.76. This has never be ... " (7 hours ago)
- "after three(3) days of vancomycin 4 times per day to ... " (8 hours ago)
- "I have vitamin D deficiency and hypothyroidism I thin ... " (9 hours ago)
- "Have severe Ibs incontinence this is he only appprove ... " (9 hours ago)
- Check symptoms
- Check drugs
- Compare drugs
- Ask a question
- Write a review
- Report a side effect
- Swelling Of The Ankles Feet Legs
- Mentha X Piperita
- Pancreatic Carcinoma Non Resectable