Review: could Stress and anxiety cause Hiatus hernia?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 11, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 61,166 people who have Stress and anxiety. Among them, 201 experience Hiatus hernia (Hiatal hernia). See who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Stress and anxiety
Stress and anxiety (latest reports from 1,276,011 patients) is typically treated by Xanax, Clonazepam, Klonopin, Ativan, Lexapro, Lorazepam.
Hiatus hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) (latest reports from 95,969 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, osteopenia, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Feb, 19, 2014: 61,067 people who have stress and anxiety are studied. Among them, 182 (0.30%) have Hiatus Hernia.
Gender of people who have stress and anxiety and experienced Hiatus hernia * :
|Hiatus hernia||79.52%||20.48% |
Age of people who have stress and anxiety and experienced Hiatus hernia * :
|Hiatus hernia||0.00%||0.00%||1.16%||0.58%||11.63%||14.53%||42.44%||29.65% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hiatus hernia||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (61 people, 33.52%)
- Pain (60 people, 32.97%)
- Hypertension (39 people, 21.43%)
- Osteoporosis (36 people, 19.78%)
- Sleep disorder (29 people, 15.93%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (26 people, 14.29%)
- Asthma (19 people, 10.44%)
- Arthritis (17 people, 9.34%)
- Hypersensitivity (16 people, 8.79%)
- Metastases to bone (15 people, 8.24%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Xanax (71 people, 39.01%)
- Neurontin (70 people, 38.46%)
- Ativan (67 people, 36.81%)
- Protonix (47 people, 25.82%)
- Zoloft (47 people, 25.82%)
- Aredia (44 people, 24.18%)
- Valium (40 people, 21.98%)
- Effexor (39 people, 21.43%)
- Zometa (38 people, 20.88%)
- Zofran (37 people, 20.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Stress and anxiety, Hiatus hernia
You can also:
Common treatments for Stress And Anxiety and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all Stress and anxiety symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
the dizziness, fatigue and muscle issues started after i had a cold in June 2013.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Stress and anxiety, Hiatus hernia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ocd / anxiety sufferer
I have the following 'fake' symptoms because of my OCD/anxiety:
- neck stiffness
- scalp pain
- memory problems
- Insomnia from warfarin sodium?
Knee replacement two months ago and taking coumadin (warfarin, 6 mg daily). Had problems sleeping at night I initially attributed to some discomfort with knee replacement. At rehab location for three weeks then came home. Hard time sleeping at night. Watch TV most of night. Some anxiety and would ...
- Apple cider vinegar does work in place of nexium.
I took the maximum dose of drugs from I was 4 years old to control my conditions. I was, until recently, on Nexium 70mg per day.
I went cold turkey and started instead to take apple cider vinegar with the mother. I remain off all medication and I am able to control my symptoms using 1 tablespn 3 ...
More reviews for: Stress and anxiety, Hiatus hernia
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lorazepam, Nexium, Atorvastatin Calcium, Centrum, Synthroid, Fluoxetine, Valtrex, Mirena for a patient with Insomnia, Anxiety, Hiatal Hernia, Gastritis, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Health, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Herpes Simplex, Birth Control. The patient has Insomnia, Herpes Simplex Antibody Positive, Dizziness, Gastritis, Hernia - Hiatal (Hiatal hernia), Tooth Decay (Dental cavities), Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Muscle Aches, Headache, Fatigue, Low Thyroid (Hypothyroidism), High Blood Pressure
More related studies for: Stress and anxiety, Hiatus hernia
Recent Stress And Anxiety related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Stress and anxiety, Hiatus hernia
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.