Would you have Belching when you have Stroke?
Summary: Belching is found among people with Stroke, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Cerebrovascular accident prophylaxis, and take medication Pradaxa.
We study 23 people who have Belching and Stroke from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Stroke and Belching >>>
Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) can be treated by Plavix, Aspirin, Aggrenox, Coumadin, Warfarin Sodium, Clopidogrel. (latest reports from Stroke 92,874 patients)
Belching (release of gas from the digestive tract) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Belching 5,903 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 23 people who have stroke and Belching are studied.
Gender of people who have stroke and experienced Belching * :
Age of people who have stroke and experienced Belching * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Cerebrovascular accident prophylaxis (15 people, 65.22%)
- Atrial fibrillation (9 people, 39.13%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (7 people, 30.43%)
- Cerebrovascular accident (7 people, 30.43%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 17.39%)
- Heart rate increased (4 people, 17.39%)
- Glaucoma (2 people, 8.70%)
- Rhinitis allergic (2 people, 8.70%)
- Pain (2 people, 8.70%)
- Macular degeneration (2 people, 8.70%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Pradaxa (12 people, 52.17%)
- Famotidine (6 people, 26.09%)
- Digoxin (5 people, 21.74%)
- Plavix (4 people, 17.39%)
- Norvasc (4 people, 17.39%)
- Doxazosin mesylate (4 people, 17.39%)
- Simvastatin (3 people, 13.04%)
- Zocor (3 people, 13.04%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (3 people, 13.04%)
- Lorazepam (3 people, 13.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stroke and Belching?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Belching and Stroke
- support group for people who have Stroke
- support group for people who have Belching
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Crestor - trilipix - 5 years on 5mg + 135mg / going cold turkey - weaning?
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Indigestion, Upper Chest Pressure, Gas - Belching, Dizziness - Occasional, Stomach Upset, and takes Crestor, Trilipix)
Almost 60 been on Crestor 5mg twice a week + Trilipix 135mg daily for about 5 years, Cholesterol has been held in good zone, leading normal life. Last two weeks chronic indigestion, upper chest pressure gas, upset stomach, and occasional dizziness. Read up on Symptom's for both Crestor and Trilipix ...
- I had a tia stroke. i was given norvasc, plavix, & benicar with aspirin. i'm having chest pains while on these meds. is this normal?
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has Stroke, TIA, High Blood Pressure, and takes Plavix, Benicar, Norvasc)
I've been on the three drugs above only a few days. I'm feeling weak, @ wrung out. I'm also experiencing chest pain that goes all the way to the back. I feel better if I sit in a chair with a backing on it.
- Is there any relationship between eating fava beans and stroke?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Stroke, and takes Penicillin)
My daughter lives in Israel and just returned from a trip up to the North of Israel where each of the three days she was away she had fava beans for breakfast with 2 cups of coffee.
I am wondering if any of these factors contributed to her stroke.
She is in excellent health otherwise.
She was on ...
- Does plavix zap your energy (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Stroke, and takes Plavix)
stroke july 20, 2012. Stent on 7-27-13. And aspirin, Plavix and Lipitor regiment.
- Can ginko help with dizziness from stroke
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has Stroke, and takes Mignonette Tree)
could it be vertigo i have been taking ginko 8am in the morning dizziness much better until around 12 in afternoon
More questions for: Stroke, Belching
More reviews for: Stroke, Belching
- A study of side effects of Oxybutynin Chloride for a patient with Spinal Cord Injury Cervical. The patient has Abdominal Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen), Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Acid Reflux (stomach acids rise up)
Comments: I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Sleep Apnea (a type of sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing), Cerebral Palsy, Feeling Sick Immediately After Eating Anything, Unstable Foetal Lie (changes its position during the prenatal period), Frequent Bowel Movements, Constipation, Dry Throat, Excessive Saliva (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth), Motion Sickness (travel sickness), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Lump In The Groin (an area of swelling or growth in groin), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Comments: I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
- A study of drug interactions between Olanzapine, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Symbicort for a patient with Depression, Asthma. The patient has Intestinal Spasm, Belching, Stomach Pain, Double Vision,
Comments: Took Symbicort for 3 days. Coughing, hoarseness got much worse. Stomach pains also started, blurred vision. Stopped taking drug. Vision turned into double vision and stomach pains worsened. 19 days since stopped taking drug, condition has not improved.
- A study of side effects of Symbicort for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Gas - Belching (act of expelling air from the stomach through the mouth), Blue Vision
Comments: Took Symbicort for 3 days. Coughing, hoarseness got much worse. Stomach pains also started, vision got a bit blurry. Stopped taking drug. Vision turned into double vision and stomach pains worsened. 19 days since stopped taking drug, condition has not improved.
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Nexium for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux. The patient has White Mucus, Shortness Of Breath, Burping, Throat Tightness, Chest Tightness, Lump In The Groin
Comments: This all started about 5 weeks ago after I took Aleve for 4 days. In the past I took Aleve and had this for a few days, but not as severe. I didn't take Aleve for years, and then I took it again and this started. The only thing that really seems to help is my Klonopin.
More related studies for: Stroke, Belching
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.