Would you have Nose bleeds (Nosebleed) when you have Stroke?
Summary: Nose bleeds is found among people with Stroke, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Stroke, and take medication Aspirin.
We study 133 people who have Nose bleeds (Nosebleed) and Stroke from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Stroke and Nose bleeds >>>
Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) can be treated by Plavix, Aspirin, Aggrenox, Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Clopidogrel. (latest reports from Stroke 92,874 patients)
Nose bleeds (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Nose bleeds 23,938 patients)
On Dec, 12, 2014: 133 people who have stroke and Nose Bleeds are studied.
Gender of people who have stroke and experienced Nose bleeds * :
|Nose bleeds||63.06%||36.94% |
Age of people who have stroke and experienced Nose bleeds * :
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.40%||5.59%||0.00%||4.90%||88.11% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Cerebrovascular accident prophylaxis (82 people, 61.65%)
- Cerebrovascular accident (73 people, 54.89%)
- Atrial fibrillation (36 people, 27.07%)
- Hypertension (20 people, 15.04%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (11 people, 8.27%)
- Contraception (10 people, 7.52%)
- Depression (10 people, 7.52%)
- Pain (9 people, 6.77%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (8 people, 6.02%)
- Diabetes mellitus (7 people, 5.26%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Aspirin (59 people, 44.36%)
- Plavix (44 people, 33.08%)
- Pradaxa (24 people, 18.05%)
- Warfarin sodium (22 people, 16.54%)
- Coumadin (20 people, 15.04%)
- Xarelto (17 people, 12.78%)
- Digoxin (14 people, 10.53%)
- Lasix (13 people, 9.77%)
- Potassium chloride (10 people, 7.52%)
- Lipitor (9 people, 6.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stroke and Nose Bleeds?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Nose Bleeds and Stroke
- support group for people who have Stroke
- support group for people who have Nose Bleeds
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does claritin have an anticoagulant effect?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Nosebleeds, and takes Claritin)
I thought I had conquered my nosebleed problems with saline nasal mist and saline nasal gel, but now I've started on Claritin (actually Walitin, Walgreen's knockoff) for an unrelated reason and the nosebleeds have started again. Is this because of the Claritin or just a coincidence?
- Has any one been getting nosebleeds from taking this medication (1 answer)
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Nosebleeds, and takes Oxybutynin Chloride)
starting getting nosebleeds in about three weeks from starting this medication.Had a sever nosebleed today at work thy had to call EMTS just to get it stop.
- I had a tia stroke. i was given norvasc, plavix, & benicar with aspirin. i'm having chest pains while on these meds. is this normal?
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has Stroke, TIA, High Blood Pressure, and takes Plavix, Benicar, Norvasc)
I've been on the three drugs above only a few days. I'm feeling weak, @ wrung out. I'm also experiencing chest pain that goes all the way to the back. I feel better if I sit in a chair with a backing on it.
- Is there any relationship between eating fava beans and stroke?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Stroke, and takes Penicillin)
My daughter lives in Israel and just returned from a trip up to the North of Israel where each of the three days she was away she had fava beans for breakfast with 2 cups of coffee.
I am wondering if any of these factors contributed to her stroke.
She is in excellent health otherwise.
She was on her 8th day of penicillin to treat a strapped throat
- Does plavix zap your energy (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Stroke, and takes Plavix)
stroke july 20, 2012. Stent on 7-27-13. And aspirin, Plavix and Lipitor regiment.
More questions for: Stroke, Nose bleeds
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Miconazole 3 - nose bleed
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Nosebleed, and takes Miconazole 3)
It was a three day dosage by life brand. Every morning after taking it I would wake up with a bloody nose. Nothing severe but there was blood. When I didn't take it again, there was no bloody nose when I woke up.
More reviews for: Stroke, Nose bleeds
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- taking prednisone for only 4 days, 20mg/3 times daily, have had nose bleed the last 2 days. have now stopped taking prednisone. the poison ivy has cleared up. will the nose bleeds now stop? anything I should continue to watch for?
- Diagnosed with acute Glaucoma, operated with laser and given Lumigan 1 drop in each eye nightly.
A few weeks later nose bleed from one nostril quite heavy. Occurs on a weekly basis. Dr prescribed anti biotics, and cream. Not working.
Any advice will be appreciated please.
- after cleaning nose with a tissue very gently, i got a nosebleed. this has happened twice so far while on tenex/guanfacine for less than six months on a relatively low dose. i am on guanfacine for anxiety and insomnia.
More related studies for: Stroke, Nose bleeds
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.