Stroke and Nose bleeds - from FDA reports
Nose bleeds is found among people with Stroke, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Xarelto and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This review analyzes which people have Nose bleeds with Stroke. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,255 people who have Stroke from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 20, 2017
2,255 people who have Stroke and Nose Bleeds are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Stroke and experience Nose Bleeds *:
- female: 45.22 %
- male: 54.78 %
Age of people who have Stroke and experience Nose Bleeds *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.06 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.23 %
- 30-39: 0.51 %
- 40-49: 1.42 %
- 50-59: 6.91 %
- 60+: 90.88 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (1,813 people, 80.40%)
- High Blood Pressure (168 people, 7.45%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (98 people, 4.35%)
- Anticoagulant Therapy (92 people, 4.08%)
- Cardiac Disorder (88 people, 3.90%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Xarelto (1,749 people, 77.56%)
- Eliquis (237 people, 10.51%)
- Plavix (225 people, 9.98%)
- Lasix (140 people, 6.21%)
- Pradaxa (107 people, 4.75%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (365 people, 16.19%)
- Rectal Haemorrhage (212 people, 9.40%)
- Haemorrhage (117 people, 5.19%)
- Coughing Up Blood (105 people, 4.66%)
- Haematuria (102 people, 4.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Nose bleeds and Stroke?
- Check symptoms - is your nose bleeds caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNose bleeds and Stroke from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) can be treated by Plavix, Aspirin, Aggrenox, Coumadin, Warfarin sodium (latest reports from 192,622 Stroke patients)
Nose bleeds has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, high blood pressure, thrombosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 45,741 Nose bleeds patients).
Browse all symptoms of Strokea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Nose bleedsNose bleeds
Other conditions that could case Nose bleedsNose bleeds
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long, ...
This Delsym have had me up for 2 days without sleep because of the coughing and then diarrhea, when I had to blow my nose it started to bleed, I only took this medicine for 24 hours 10 ml per 12 hours, so this should not put me in this state. This drug should not be on the market.
So last week I had a nose bleed that sent me to the ER that last 1 hour. I've been dealing with them off and on now for a week. The first nose bleed came after the first time I had Biotin in months. So I'm trying to figure out now what's causing the bleeds. The Biotin, the high BP or both. ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi, my 81 year old dad had a TIA this weekend, he is on Lanzapropole once daily as he really does suffer with bad abdominal pains and weight loss, can I just ask please can this drug actually contribute to TIA's ? Thank you xx
Hi my husband had a stroke 5 years ago caused by blocked neck arteries and is right side paralysed, he now has tenesmus which is horrendous,just wondering if anyone else has this condition and what treatment they have been given.
I've been taking tramadol for pain for 8 months, today I had a nose bleed for almost 2 hours today, it has stopped flowing but its still drippy, my blood pressure is fine, but I was very hot before it started to flow from both nostrils, I work with someone who also takes tramdol for pain and ...
I have been on Simponi for over two years now and have suffered with bad nose bleeds three times and one finding very scary I would lime to.talk to others who have been going through this ,Thank you .