Syphilis and Shingles - from FDA reports
Shingles is reported only by a few people with Syphilis. We study 2 people who have Shingles and Syphilis from FDA . Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
2 people who have Syphilis and Shingles are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Syphilis and experience Shingles *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Syphilis and experience Shingles *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Rashes (2 people, 100.00%)
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis (2 people, 100.00%)
- Hyperuricaemia (2 people, 100.00%)
- Diarrhea (2 people, 100.00%)
- Amoebiasis (2 people, 100.00%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Rilpivirine (2 people, 100.00%)
- Prezista (2 people, 100.00%)
- Januvia (2 people, 100.00%)
- Flagyl (2 people, 100.00%)
- Crestor (2 people, 100.00%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Weight Increased (2 people, 100.00%)
- Urethral Stenosis (2 people, 100.00%)
- Rashes (2 people, 100.00%)
- Hepatic Function Abnormal (2 people, 100.00%)
- Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control (2 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Shingles and Syphilis?
- Check symptoms - is your shingles caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeShingles and Syphilis from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Syphilis (sexually transmitted , chronic bacterial disease caused by the spirochete treponema pallidum) can be treated by Doxycycline (latest reports from 357 Syphilis patients)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, crohn's disease (latest reports from 40,544 Shingles patients).
Browse all symptoms of Syphilisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause ShinglesShingles
Other conditions that could case ShinglesShingles
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I am a 69 yr. Old Female!!Have been taking flonase for 5 or 6 yrs.Broke out in shingles a yr. Ago..Have had 3 breakouts since..The last 2 breakouts were in less than a month of each other!!! Curious if it could possibly be a side effect from the flonase..am not taking any other medications!!
I have recently been diagnosed with cranial herpes zoster. During the prodromal stage, before the lesions became evident I experienced pain I my back where I had pain the last time I had shingles on my back and breast area. I also started having bladder pain. It feels like someone is ...
I have had the shingles blisters for a week, they are now starting to dry out. However, I am nauseated, I vomit, I am exhausted, and have a recurring temperature. Does anyone else have these complications?
You may be interested in these reviews
I am 38 years old women and have had reoccurring shingles on my left arm for 10 months. I have excruciating pain in my hand, thumb & 1st finger. I have tried gabapetin (max dose)with tramadol and paracetamol for 3 months but still in pain. I am now taking tramadol & paracetamol & ibruprofen with ...
I am 24 and was put on fluconazole for 3 month due to foliculitis. I then decided to stop on my own due to it not working at all. About 1 month has passed by and I just found out that I now have shingles..
Hi started googling why I seem to have lost the some sense of taste which happened a couple of days of getting treatment for syphlis and gonorrhoea. Trying to establish whether it's coincidence or it's relating to something different. Thank you
Hi everyone, I used chantix to quit smoking and make myself healthy, however I got shingles and have been so sick and in pain ever since. I just don't understand , had I known this was a possible side effect of chantix, I would not have taken this drug.