Home > Systemic lupus erythematosus > Emphysema > Systemic lupus erythematosus and Emphysema
Would you have Emphysema when you have Systemic lupus erythematosus?
Summary: Emphysema is found among people with Systemic lupus erythematosus, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Osteoporosis, and take medication Prednisone.
We study 11 people who have Emphysema and Systemic lupus erythematosus from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus and Emphysema >>>
Systemic lupus erythematosus
Systemic lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue) (latest reports from 13,078 patients) can be treated by Plaquenil, Prednisone, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Cellcept, Methotrexate, Azathioprine.
Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs) (latest reports from 11,357 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 5,230 people who have systemic lupus erythematosus are studied. Among them, 11 (0.21%) have Emphysema.
Gender of people who have systemic lupus erythematosus and experienced Emphysema * :
Age of people who have systemic lupus erythematosus and experienced Emphysema * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (11 people, 100.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (11 people, 100.00%)
- Osteopenia (11 people, 100.00%)
- Sjogren's syndrome (11 people, 100.00%)
- Hiatus hernia (3 people, 27.27%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (3 people, 27.27%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 18.18%)
- Myocardial infarction (2 people, 18.18%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 18.18%)
- Depression (2 people, 18.18%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Prednisone (11 people, 100.00%)
- Plaquenil (11 people, 100.00%)
- Fosamax plus d (11 people, 100.00%)
- Fosamax (11 people, 100.00%)
- Didronel (11 people, 100.00%)
- Premarin (11 people, 100.00%)
- Alendronate sodium (4 people, 36.36%)
- Lyrica (3 people, 27.27%)
- Vitamin d (3 people, 27.27%)
- Pantoprazole (3 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Emphysema?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Emphysema and Systemic lupus erythematosus
- support group for people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus
- support group for people who have Emphysema
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- Can emphysema be diagnosed by chest xray only?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Emphysema, and takes Vitamin D)
Just wonder, in 2013 chest xray showed enlarged lungs. 2014 chest xray showed emphysema per Doctor. Advised to quit smoking. Any further tests required to confirm or xray enough?
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Emphysema, 60 Mg A Day For 13 Years, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide)
CAN IT CAUSE EMPHASEMIA
- Is it safe to take embrel even though i have found out i got emphysema
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Emphysema, R/arthitis And Emphysema)
I need to know I if it ok to ya ale embrel with emphysema
- What causes it? and why is it so painful?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Lupus, Shoulder Pain, and takes Plaquenil, Diclofenac Potassium)
I can lift my arm out in front of me but not out to the side!! The diclofenac doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions? Has anyone been on benlysta?
More questions for: Systemic lupus erythematosus, Emphysema
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has COPD, Emphysema, and takes Prednisone)
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Amoxicillin)
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Transient psychosis in indomethacin
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Transient Psychosis, Lupus, and takes Indomethacin)
I had taken indomethacin infrequently for years for joint pain but never for more than 2 weeks in a row. One night, when I had been taking it daily for about 2 weeks, I had a bout of psychosis approximately 1/2 hour after ingesting the indomethacin at bedtime. I just waited it out, and in about 5- ...
More reviews for: Systemic lupus erythematosus, Emphysema
- A study of side effects of Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a patient with Lupus. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional
Comments: I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia and I had surgery on my intestine. 5 1/2 inches were taken removed from my rectum because of a polyp that was flat against the wall of my intestine. My joints and muscles are really sore and because I was given prednisone for years my bones are very bad. I get a shot of ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Betamethasone Valerate, Plaquenil for a patient with Psoriasis, Lupus. The patient has Pustular Psoriasis
Comments: I was presecribed Betacap for what appeared initially to be bad scalp psoriasis ( not then pustular). I was later diagnosed with cutaneous lupus ( other lesions etc on skin). I had some localised alopecia and initially the Betacap was, in my view, the drug that seemed to calm down the psoriasis enti ...
- A study of drug interactions between Neoral, Plaquenil, Rhinocort, Symbicort, Xyzal, Humira, Remicade, Lyrica, Calcium, Vitamin D, Omeprazole, Dipentum, Asacol, Pentasa, Escitalopram, Prednisone for a patient with Lupus, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma, Ulcerative Colitis, Fibromyalgia, Osteopenia, Ulcer - Stomach, Depression. The patient has Autoimmune Disorder, Joint Warmth, Asthma, Colitis Ulcerative, Burning Sensation, Burning Eyes, Burning Feet Syndrome
Comments: I had Pan ulverative colitis since 2000. two years ago had bad pain in joints, back neck. and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia
this year the dr diagnosed me as lupus
he gave me neoral since 2 months and i am not getting any better
burning sensation in hands and feet all day and night
cant s ...
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a patient with Lupus. The patient has Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Rash (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue and causes the rashes)
Comments: Just went into an anaphylactic shock three nights ago and not any known food allergies. I'm 48. Only known allergy is to sulfa medication. Happened immediately after eating my birthday cake which I had plenty of times from same bakery.
More related studies for: Systemic lupus erythematosus, Emphysema
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.