Would you have Emphysema when you have Systemic lupus erythematosus?
Summary: Emphysema is found among people with Systemic lupus erythematosus, especially people who are female, 40-49 old, also have Osteoporosis, and take medication Prednisone.
We study 11 people who have Emphysema and Systemic lupus erythematosus from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus and Emphysema >>>
Systemic lupus erythematosus
Systemic lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue) can be treated by Plaquenil, Prednisone, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Cellcept, Methotrexate, Azathioprine. (latest reports from Systemic Lupus Erythematosus 13,078 patients)
Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression.(latest reports from Emphysema 11,357 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 11 people who have systemic lupus erythematosus and Emphysema are studied.
Gender of people who have systemic lupus erythematosus and experienced Emphysema * :
Age of people who have systemic lupus erythematosus and experienced Emphysema * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (11 people, 100.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (11 people, 100.00%)
- Osteopenia (11 people, 100.00%)
- Sjogren's syndrome (11 people, 100.00%)
- Hiatus hernia (3 people, 27.27%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (3 people, 27.27%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 18.18%)
- Myocardial infarction (2 people, 18.18%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 18.18%)
- Depression (2 people, 18.18%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Prednisone (11 people, 100.00%)
- Plaquenil (11 people, 100.00%)
- Fosamax plus d (11 people, 100.00%)
- Fosamax (11 people, 100.00%)
- Didronel (11 people, 100.00%)
- Premarin (11 people, 100.00%)
- Alendronate sodium (4 people, 36.36%)
- Lyrica (3 people, 27.27%)
- Vitamin d (3 people, 27.27%)
- Pantoprazole (3 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Emphysema?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Emphysema and Systemic lupus erythematosus
- support group for people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus
- support group for people who have Emphysema
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Systemic lupus erythematosus, Emphysema
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin (1 response)
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this time had blood taken and the results showed an extreme rise in my white blood cells and by then, I had a fever. I was airlifted to another hospital where they did tests, but really had no idea what was wrong. I discharged myself with a script for corticosteroids and by then my joints began to stiffen, to a point of barely being able to walk and the pain was excruciating! I had to be cared for by my husband and struggled to lift my tea cup, or get out of bed. This lasted for about a month and then gradually began to subside. The doctors never did have answers for any of it. They chalked it up to an allergy to Amoxicillin. One mentioned "Steven Johnson Syndrome".
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some of the worst troubles have been TBI from birth. Epilepsy my entire life. Brain tumor ( surgery to remove it in 1982) Graves Disease. RA and most recently Lupus ( caused by the keppra)
- Transient psychosis in indomethacin
I had taken indomethacin infrequently for years for joint pain but never for more than 2 weeks in a row. One night, when I had been taking it daily for about 2 weeks, I had a bout of psychosis approximately 1/2 hour after ingesting the indomethacin at bedtime. I just waited it out, and in about 5-6 hours the effect wore off and I've been fine since. I had never had a bout of psychosis before that. (I've never taken it again.)
More reviews for: Systemic lupus erythematosus, Emphysema
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia and I had surgery on my intestine. 5 1/2 inches were taken removed from my rectum because of a polyp that was flat against the wall of my intestine. My joints and muscles are really sore and because I was given prednisone for years my bones are very bad. I get a shot of ...
- In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- I was presecribed Betacap for what appeared initially to be bad scalp psoriasis ( not then pustular). I was later diagnosed with cutaneous lupus ( other lesions etc on skin). I had some localised alopecia and initially the Betacap was, in my view, the drug that seemed to calm down the psoriasis enti ...
- I had Pan ulverative colitis since 2000. two years ago had bad pain in joints, back neck. and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia
this year the dr diagnosed me as lupus
he gave me neoral since 2 months and i am not getting any better
burning sensation in hands and feet all day and night
cant s ...
- Just went into an anaphylactic shock three nights ago and not any known food allergies. I'm 48. Only known allergy is to sulfa medication. Happened immediately after eating my birthday cake which I had plenty of times from same bakery.
More related studies for: Systemic lupus erythematosus, Emphysema
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.