Home > Systemic lupus erythematosus > Emphysema > Systemic lupus erythematosus and Emphysema
Review: could Systemic lupus erythematosus cause Emphysema?
We study 5,227 people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Emphysema. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus and Emphysema >>>
Systemic lupus erythematosus
Systemic lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue) (latest reports from 42,156 patients) can be treated by Plaquenil, Prednisone, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Cellcept, Methotrexate, Azathioprine.
Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs) (latest reports from 62,169 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 5,214 people who have systemic lupus erythematosus are studied. Among them, 11 (0.21%) have Emphysema.
Gender of people who have systemic lupus erythematosus and experienced Emphysema * :
Age of people who have systemic lupus erythematosus and experienced Emphysema * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (11 people, 100.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (11 people, 100.00%)
- Osteopenia (11 people, 100.00%)
- Sjogren's syndrome (11 people, 100.00%)
- Hiatus hernia (3 people, 27.27%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (3 people, 27.27%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 18.18%)
- Myocardial infarction (2 people, 18.18%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 18.18%)
- Depression (2 people, 18.18%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Prednisone (11 people, 100.00%)
- Plaquenil (11 people, 100.00%)
- Fosamax plus d (11 people, 100.00%)
- Fosamax (11 people, 100.00%)
- Didronel (11 people, 100.00%)
- Premarin (11 people, 100.00%)
- Alendronate sodium (4 people, 36.36%)
- Lyrica (3 people, 27.27%)
- Vitamin d (3 people, 27.27%)
- Pantoprazole (3 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Emphysema?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Emphysema and Systemic lupus erythematosus
- support group for people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus
- support group for people who have Emphysema
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 hours ago):
In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. I am not employed, I receive alimony, my house is paid off but behind in property taxes. I am enrolled in online college (since 2012-straight A's), just transferred after AA in Psychology in July 2014 to GCU for BA. in teaching. Grades remain "A's".
Today (Oct. 13, 2014) I am 109.6 lbs. despite consistent food consumption through out day.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
but now I need to stop plaquenil because it increase my acid phosphatase causing lots of muscle crams and spasms
From this study (3 weeks ago):
after taking medrol I had my blood sugar levels increased to 215
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Systemic lupus erythematosus, Emphysema
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Transient psychosis in indomethacin
I had taken indomethacin infrequently for years for joint pain but never for more than 2 weeks in a row. One night, when I had been taking it daily for about 2 weeks, I had a bout of psychosis approximately 1/2 hour after ingesting the indomethacin at bedtime. I just waited it out, and in about 5- ...
More reviews for: Systemic lupus erythematosus, Emphysema
Common treatments for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Systemic lupus erythematosus symptoms:
Emphysema related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Metformin for a 40-year old man who has Diabetic Nephropathy (8 seconds ago)
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (4 minutes ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (9 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (10 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (59 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (1 hour ago)
- Glomerulonephritis Pulmonary Hemorrhage
- Enterobius Vermicularis