The flu and Swollen tongue - from FDA reports
Swollen tongue is found among people with The flu, especially for people who are female, 2-9 old, take medication Tamiflu and have Malaise. We study 25 people who have Swollen tongue and The flu from FDA. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
The flu (the flu is caused by an influenza virus) can be treated by Tamiflu, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Amoxicillin, Acetaminophen (latest reports from 47,753 The flu patients)
Swollen tongue (swelling of tongue) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain (latest reports from 17,472 Swollen tongue patients).
On Jan, 27, 2017
25 people who have The Flu and Swollen Tongue are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have The Flu and experience Swollen Tongue *:
- female: 56 %
- male: 44 %
Age of people who have The Flu and experience Swollen Tongue *:
- 0-1: 5 %
- 2-9: 25 %
- 10-19: 15 %
- 20-29: 10 %
- 30-39: 5 %
- 40-49: 10 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 10 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Productive Cough (3 people, 12.00%)
- Malaise (3 people, 12.00%)
- Nasopharyngitis (2 people, 8.00%)
- Immunodeficiency Disorders (1 person, 4.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (1 person, 4.00%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Tamiflu (12 people, 48.00%)
- Ibuprofen And Diphenhydramine (2 people, 8.00%)
- Clopidogrel (2 people, 8.00%)
- Children's Motrin (2 people, 8.00%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 8.00%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Swelling Face (6 people, 24.00%)
- Urticaria (5 people, 20.00%)
- Lip Swelling (5 people, 20.00%)
- Breathing Difficulty (5 people, 20.00%)
- Paraesthesia Oral (4 people, 16.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swollen tongue and The flu?
Browse all symptoms of The flua b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Swollen tongueSwollen tongue
Other conditions that could case Swollen tongueSwollen tongue
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello I'm new here. I've had rheumatoid arthritis for 46 years ..diagnosed with jra as a child. I'm wondering if anybody has a swollen tongue? My tongue seems to be swollen like too big. I noticed it a couple of months ago and it's not gone away. Any suggestions are most appreciated it's really ...