Would you have Hair loss when you have The flu?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people with The flu, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have The flu, and take medication Augmentin.
We study 9 people who have Hair loss and The flu from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have The flu and Hair loss >>>
The flu (the flu is caused by an influenza virus) can be treated by Tamiflu, Ibuprofen, Amoxicillin, Nyquil, Acetaminophen, Tylenol. (latest reports from 23,485 The Flu patients)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,705 Hair loss patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 9 people who have the flu and Hair Loss are studied.
Gender of people who have the flu and experienced Hair loss * :
|Hair loss||81.82%||18.18% |
Age of people who have the flu and experienced Hair loss * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||40.00%||40.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Influenza (9 people, 100.00%)
- Blood pressure abnormal (2 people, 22.22%)
- Pneumonia (2 people, 22.22%)
- Cough (2 people, 22.22%)
- Erysipelas (2 people, 22.22%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (2 people, 22.22%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Augmentin (4 people, 44.44%)
- Relenza (2 people, 22.22%)
- Levaquin (2 people, 22.22%)
- Prempro (2 people, 22.22%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 22.22%)
- Spironolactone (2 people, 22.22%)
- Celestone (2 people, 22.22%)
- Aldactone (2 people, 22.22%)
- Beepen-vk (2 people, 22.22%)
- Tamiflu (1 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of the flu and hair loss on
Do you have The Flu and Hair Loss?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who have Hair Loss and The flu
- support group for people who have The flu
- support group for people who have Hair loss
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a 31-year old woman with Psychosis. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Piroxicam, Ciprofloxacin for a 27-year old woman with Flu, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Myalgia, Cough, Syncope Vasovagal
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 42-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Hair Loss, Nail Toxicity (nail damaged due to toxin)
- A study of side effects of Cisplatin for a 51-year old woman with Anal Cancer Stage Iv. The patient has Hair Loss
Recent The Flu related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.