Home > Thyroid diseases > Cataract > Thyroid diseases and Cataract
Would you have Cataract when you have Thyroid diseases?
Summary: Cataract is found among people with Thyroid diseases, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Thyroid disorder, and take medication Synthroid.
We study 160 people who have Cataract and Thyroid diseases from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Thyroid diseases and Cataract >>>
Thyroid diseases (latest reports from 49,657 patients) can be treated by Levothyroxine Sodium, Synthroid, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Methimazole.
Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye) (latest reports from 136,600 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteopenia, diabetes.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 10,373 people who have thyroid diseases are studied. Among them, 160 (1.54%) have Cataract.
Gender of people who have thyroid diseases and experienced Cataract * :
Age of people who have thyroid diseases and experienced Cataract * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Thyroid disorder (155 people, 96.88%)
- Osteoporosis (37 people, 23.12%)
- Hypertension (35 people, 21.88%)
- Osteopenia (27 people, 16.88%)
- Depression (26 people, 16.25%)
- Blood pressure (21 people, 13.12%)
- Pain (19 people, 11.88%)
- Arthritis (19 people, 11.88%)
- Diabetes mellitus (15 people, 9.38%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (15 people, 9.38%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (70 people, 43.75%)
- Fosamax (52 people, 32.50%)
- Levoxyl (20 people, 12.50%)
- Atenolol (19 people, 11.88%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (19 people, 11.88%)
- Prednisone (19 people, 11.88%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 10.00%)
- Humira (15 people, 9.38%)
- Allegra (14 people, 8.75%)
- Simvastatin (13 people, 8.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Thyroid Diseases and Cataract?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Cataract and Thyroid diseases
- support group for people who have Thyroid diseases
- support group for people who have Cataract
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- Has anyone got a cataract from spiriva?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Cataract, and takes Spiriva)
i had perfect vision and i used spiriva and now i have cataracts, had surgery on one eye now have to go back for my other eye ,
- Can you take hyzaar and benicar in the same day
(Asked by a 51 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, Thyroid, and takes Hyzaar)
Patient took Hyzaar 3 hours ago and blood pressure worsened. He was taking Beneicar 40/12.5 mg. Can he take the Benicar now.?
- Does cymbalta make you intolerant to heat and sweat excessively?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Depression, Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Thyroid Disorder, and takes Cymbalta, Ritalin, Nuvigil, Synthroid, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Metformin)
I have taken 60 mg. Cymbalta for years. Just recently went down to 30 mg. to see if it would help with my excessive sweating. I had no trouble reducing the dosage, but it didn't help with the sweating. The heat intolerance is so bad I'm thinking of stopping the Cymbalta altogether. I live in the ...
- Triglyceride elevated cause by medication
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Thyroid, High Cholesterol, and takes Welchol, Synthroid)
I've been taking above @ 1 yr or less. Cholesterol has gone up--still no energy--now my TRIGLYCERIDE (blood test) has gone up to over 700. Asked for new test told No have another rd for you (do not know name haven't tried yet).
Dr. said TRI.... were high before. Yes 2010 in range of @250-300 (I ...
More questions for: Thyroid diseases, Cataract
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Thyroid Disorder, Glaucoma, High Blood Pressure, and takes Oxycodone, Gabapentin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Travatan, Vytorin, Baby Aspirin)
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Thyroid diseases, Cataract
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Synthroid, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a patient with Enzyme Supplementation, Thyroid Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Memory Impairment
Comments: I find I can read something but have a difficult time relating what I have just read to another person. Although I understand what I have read, I just seem to have great difficulty putting it into words to relate
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Aspirin, Milk Thistle, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Liver Cirrhosis. The patient has Impaired Memory, Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Joint Stiffness, Back Pain
Comments: Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Klonopin, Lamictal, Vyvanse, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Adhd, Depression. The patient has Hypertension, Muscle Twitching, Eye Twitch, Memory Loss, Confusional State, Tremor, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Eye Zaps, Eye Redness
Comments: I take the following doses of the above listed meds: vyvanse 70mg duloxetine 60mg klonopin 1mg 3xday as needed, levothyroxin 100mcg lamicatal 200 mg. My PCP suspects seratonin syndrome as I have all of the symptoms. Daily, I constantly get an electrical shock feeling in my brain when moving my eyes. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Amoxicillin for a patient with Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Infection. The patient has Hand Tremor
Comments: I had oral surgery to remove a cracked tooth. I was very stressed that morning. 36 hours later I had a very severe hand tremor that continued both while moving (cooking) and at rest. It lasted about a half hour. I took one baby aspirin and it subsided within the next twenty minutes. Scared me.
- A study of side effects of Lipitor for a patient with Elevated Mood. The patient has Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye)
Comments: Age 47, developed cataracts both eyes within one year. Lipitor started during that one year. Leg pain so high quit taking the drug for the leg pain.
At the time didn't know the Lipitor catarac relationship.
Youngest person in the surgery waiting room. Cataracts removed lenses lenses implqnt ...
More related studies for: Thyroid diseases, Cataract
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.