Would you have Cataract when you have Thyroid diseases?
Summary: Cataract is found among people with Thyroid diseases, especially people who are female, 40-49 old, also have Thyroid diseases, and take medication Synthroid.
We study 160 people who have Cataract and Thyroid diseases from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who have Thyroid diseases and Cataract >>>
Thyroid diseases can be treated by Levothyroxine Sodium, Synthroid, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Methimazole. (latest reports from 17,568 Thyroid Diseases patients)
Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteopenia, diabetes. (latest reports from 17,650 Cataract patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 160 people who have thyroid diseases and Cataract are studied.
Gender of people who have thyroid diseases and experienced Cataract * :
Age of people who have thyroid diseases and experienced Cataract * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Thyroid disorder (155 people, 96.88%)
- Osteoporosis (37 people, 23.12%)
- Hypertension (35 people, 21.88%)
- Osteopenia (27 people, 16.88%)
- Depression (26 people, 16.25%)
- Pain (19 people, 11.88%)
- Arthritis (19 people, 11.88%)
- Diabetes mellitus (15 people, 9.38%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (15 people, 9.38%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (14 people, 8.75%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (70 people, 43.75%)
- Fosamax (52 people, 32.50%)
- Levoxyl (20 people, 12.50%)
- Atenolol (19 people, 11.88%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (19 people, 11.88%)
- Prednisone (19 people, 11.88%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 10.00%)
- Humira (15 people, 9.38%)
- Allegra (14 people, 8.75%)
- Simvastatin (13 people, 8.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of thyroid diseases and cataract on
Do you have Thyroid Diseases and Cataract?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who have Cataract and Thyroid diseases
- support group for people who have Thyroid diseases
- support group for people who have Cataract
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Synthroid, Ranitidine, Singulair, Zoloft, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Victoza, Metformin for a 65-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Thyroid Disorder, Acid Reflux, Asthma, Anxiety Disorder, Gerd, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Stomach Pain, Gerd, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, HCTZ, Amlodipine for a 68-year old man with Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Red Rash On Inside Of Lower Legs And Ankels
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Lexapro, Synthroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin for a 61-year old woman with Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Flank Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin for a 63-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Depression. The patient has Constipation
Recent Thyroid Diseases related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.