Thyroid diseases and Myalgia - from FDA reports
Myalgia is found among people with Thyroid diseases, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Synthroid and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Myalgia with Thyroid diseases. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 418 people who have Thyroid diseases from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
418 people who have Thyroid Diseases and Myalgia are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Thyroid Diseases and experience Myalgia *:
- female: 86.03 %
- male: 13.97 %
Age of people who have Thyroid Diseases and experience Myalgia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.17 %
- 30-39: 2.34 %
- 40-49: 13.74 %
- 50-59: 21.35 %
- 60+: 61.4 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (149 people, 35.65%)
- High Blood Pressure (93 people, 22.25%)
- Osteoporosis (47 people, 11.24%)
- Stress And Anxiety (44 people, 10.53%)
- Pain (44 people, 10.53%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (159 people, 38.04%)
- Lipitor (61 people, 14.59%)
- Levothyroxine Sodium (54 people, 12.92%)
- Crestor (47 people, 11.24%)
- Fosamax (46 people, 11.00%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Joint Pain (120 people, 28.71%)
- Weakness (91 people, 21.77%)
- Fatigue (88 people, 21.05%)
- Muscle Spasms (82 people, 19.62%)
- Insomnia (81 people, 19.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Myalgia and Thyroid diseases?
- Check symptoms - is your myalgia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMyalgia and Thyroid diseases from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Thyroid diseases can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levothroid (latest reports from 34,911 Thyroid diseases patients)
Myalgia (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 117,257 Myalgia patients).
Browse all symptoms of Thyroid diseasesa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause MyalgiaMyalgia
Other conditions that could case MyalgiaMyalgia
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
When I walk my dog my thighs get burning and icy stabbing pain beginning between one and four miles. This hasn't improved in six months of walking five miles each morning and one to two miles in the evening. is this from Pradaxa and what can I do about it?
I am a 71 year old female, I have been taking a statin for over 5 years and started taking biotin about a year ago. I have severe pain in my right thigh for over 3 months now. My doctor took me off the statin a week ago, pain hasn't gotten any better. I am still taking biotin. I will stop ...
I have had hypothyroidism for about 15 years and even though I wasn't the best for taking my meds correctly I never really had a problem but that is until I was hospitalized in Feb. of 2017 for strep and the flu at the same time. The Dr. at the hospital upped my dosage from 200 mcg (which I had ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I was started on Xarelto 4 weeks ago and in the last two weeks I have noticed increase muscle pain! This is concerning because I already have fibromyalgia and I don't need something else to make me hurt even more!! For those of you that have been on it longer, did the muscle aches begin to ...