Home > Tuberculosis > Pruritus > Tuberculosis and Pruritus
Review: could Tuberculosis cause Pruritus (Itching)?
We study 1,993 people who have Tuberculosis from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Pruritus (Itching). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Tuberculosis and Pruritus >>>
Tuberculosis (a bacterial infection by mycobacterium tuberculosis) (latest reports from 26,803 patients) can be treated by Isoniazid, Ethambutol Hydrochloride, Rifampin And Isoniazid, Rifampin.
Pruritus (severe itching of the skin) (latest reports from 545,906 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Sep, 19, 2014: 1,991 people who have tuberculosis are studied. Among them, 42 (2.11%) have Pruritus.
Gender of people who have tuberculosis and experienced Pruritus * :
Age of people who have tuberculosis and experienced Pruritus * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hiv infection (20 people, 47.62%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 14.29%)
- Tuberculin test positive (5 people, 11.90%)
- Hyperuricaemia (5 people, 11.90%)
- Hepatitis b (4 people, 9.52%)
- Bacterial infection (4 people, 9.52%)
- Escherichia sepsis (4 people, 9.52%)
- Pneumonia (4 people, 9.52%)
- Pleural effusion (4 people, 9.52%)
- Pyrexia (4 people, 9.52%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Isoniazid (35 people, 83.33%)
- Pyrazinamide (28 people, 66.67%)
- Rifadin (24 people, 57.14%)
- Myambutol (24 people, 57.14%)
- Rimifon (19 people, 45.24%)
- Ethambutol hydrochloride (15 people, 35.71%)
- Rifampin (14 people, 33.33%)
- Rocephin (12 people, 28.57%)
- Ibuprofen (8 people, 19.05%)
- Truvada (8 people, 19.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tuberculosis and Pruritus?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Pruritus and Tuberculosis
- support group for people who have Tuberculosis
- support group for people who have Pruritus
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
my huband had sporadic itching at times, doc prescribed levocetrizine and foratidine he took it and went for a blood check up like lft and blood sugar bilirubin was 1.3 want is this because of the drug?his direct and indirect bilirubin was at upperlimit
From this study (1 week ago):
Bumps,black blemishes only on jawbone. Its on both sides of my face. Never had skin problems until starting this medicine.
maddie on Oct, 4, 2014:
ordered oolong tea off ebay, after using it tummy was reducing but my face got thoroughly sooilt., loads of acne just kept increasing on both sides of the face, face not ok till today never had any prob before:-(
stopped using oolong tea
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Head itching during last thre weeks
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Tuberculosis, Pruritus
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Tuberculosis, Pruritus
Common treatments for Tuberculosis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Tuberculosis symptoms:
Pruritus related symptom studies:
- Pruritus in Blood cholesterol abnormal (5,533 reports)
- Pruritus in Blood pressure (3,976 reports)
- Pruritus in Depression (1,989 reports)
- Pruritus in High density lipoprotein decreased (1,592 reports)
- Pruritus in Hypertension (4,398 reports)
- Pruritus in Multiple sclerosis (2,000 reports)
- Pruritus in Osteoporosis (1,567 reports)
- Pruritus in Pain (2,056 reports)
- Pruritus in Psoriasis (1,393 reports)
- Pruritus in Ra (3,272 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Norco and Compulsive Hair Pulling
- Weight Gain and Adult Hypothyroidism
- Weight Gain and Norco
- Chronic Pain and Weight Gain
- Abilify and Compulsive Hair Pulling
Recent user comments
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (7 minutes ago)
- "I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa ... " (24 minutes ago)
- "Having headache recurrent last 24 hrs. Side effects o ... " (8 hours ago)
- Propulsid Quicksolv
- Eosinophilic Cystitis
- Escitalopram Oxalate
- Retroperitoneal Neoplasm
- Whig Plant