Home > Type 2 diabetes mellitus > Flatulence > Type 2 diabetes mellitus and Flatulence
Review: could Type 2 diabetes mellitus cause Flatulence?
We study 76,578 people who have Type 2 diabetes mellitus from FDA and social media. Among them, 777 have Flatulence. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Type 2 diabetes mellitus and Flatulence >>>
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Type 2 diabetes mellitus (latest reports from 220,840 patients) can be treated by Metformin Hydrochloride, Metformin, Glipizide, Januvia, Victoza, Janumet.
Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus) (latest reports from 121,445 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, depression.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 76,549 people who have type 2 diabetes mellitus are studied. Among them, 777 (1.02%) have Flatulence.
Gender of people who have type 2 diabetes mellitus and experienced Flatulence * :
Age of people who have type 2 diabetes mellitus and experienced Flatulence * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (383 people, 49.29%)
- Hypertension (55 people, 7.08%)
- Diabetes mellitus (27 people, 3.47%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (24 people, 3.09%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (22 people, 2.83%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (16 people, 2.06%)
- Blood cholesterol (13 people, 1.67%)
- Multiple allergies (12 people, 1.54%)
- Atrial fibrillation (12 people, 1.54%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (11 people, 1.42%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Byetta (512 people, 65.89%)
- Victoza (201 people, 25.87%)
- Lantus (104 people, 13.38%)
- Actos (99 people, 12.74%)
- Glucophage (92 people, 11.84%)
- Glipizide (86 people, 11.07%)
- Avandia (81 people, 10.42%)
- Aspirin (74 people, 9.52%)
- Amaryl (73 people, 9.40%)
- Glyburide (58 people, 7.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Flatulence?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Flatulence and Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- group for people who have Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- group for people who have Flatulence
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
Treatment with Vitamin c and topical creams just started
From this study (1 week ago):
Heat over 65 degrees, any type of activity, house cleaning, walking. etc. In a hurry, stress. This is so embarrassing. My hair becomes wet, sweat drips from my face and neck. People think I am nuts or coming off of drugs. has limited my activities due to embarrassment or can't stay dry enough to fix my hair. I have stopped wearing makeup all together as it just runs down my face. My Dr. will not listen to me. I think she believes I may "glisten" a little. I need help. Please!!!
Greg on Sep, 7, 2014:
Hello: I work for one neuro-oncologist by doing research, and become interested in investigating a "casual" relationship between severe head Perspiration with brain tumor. This is because one recent patient presented the same complaint to us and was found to have brain tumor. This Perspiration symptom, over 1 year, disappears after tumor was surgically removed.
I am not saying that you may have brain lesion, better do some further investigation include brain MRI. Some of the symptoms you mentioned could indicate some brain problem. Are you live in US? you can contact me if you like.
I am not practicing physician, but if you like to see my supervisor, neuro-oncologist, in Houston, I can arrange.
Thank you. Greg
landofoz on Aug, 25, 2014:
hi, Heat over 65 degrees, any type of activity, house cleaning, walking. etc. In a hurry, stress. This is so embarrassing. My hair becomes wet, sweat drips from my face and neck. People think I am nuts or coming off of drugs. has limited my activities due to embarrassment or can't stay dry enough to fix my hair. I have stopped wearing makeup all together as it just runs down my face. My Dr. will not listen to me. I think she believes I may "glisten" a little. I need help. Please!!!MY Reply to the above,
this is exactly how i feel, i went into the Bank one day when it was quite hot outside and my Hair was dripping i kept drying my face.Honestly i thought ,someone will think i am going to rob the bank. I am not ob Byetta i am on Lantos and i also live in Australia where the weather is very humid . i also suffer severe depression on top of this ,so i dont think there is much point of me changing from Lantus? Also cant believe the above person has the burning legs ,as i also have that 5 yrs now. what can i do? I am on 40units of lantus ,1500 Diabex i am 68 yrs of age living in Australia
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I started taking this drug a weak ago. I get an erection then loss it.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Type 2 diabetes mellitus, Flatulence
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. Pe ...
- Metformin, vision blurred
My primary care physician prescribed Metformin for type 2 Diabetes. First pill caused "wobbly" then blurred vision within a half hour of taking. Asked doctor if I should stop taking the drug. She said no. Second pill doubled the blurring immediately. Long distance and middle vision (computer screen ...
More reviews for: Type 2 diabetes mellitus, Flatulence
Common treatments for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Type 2 diabetes mellitus symptoms:
- Blood Glucose Increased in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (15,793 reports)
- Nausea in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (12,942 reports)
- Weight Decreased in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (11,049 reports)
- Loss Of Appetite in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (5,831 reports)
- Blood Glucose Decreased in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (5,779 reports)
- Stomach Upset in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (5,090 reports)
- Diarrhoea in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4,230 reports)
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (3,786 reports)
- Headaches in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (2,851 reports)
- Weakness in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (2,841 reports)
Flatulence related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.