Would you have Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting) when you have Type 2 diabetes?
Summary: Stomach upset is found among people with Type 2 diabetes, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Type 2 diabetes mellitus, and take medication Byetta.
We study 5,136 people who have Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting) and Type 2 diabetes from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Type 2 diabetes and Stomach upset >>>
Type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes can be treated by Metformin Hydrochloride, Metformin, Januvia, Glimepiride, Victoza, Glipizide. (latest reports from Type 2 Diabetes 92,762 patients)
Stomach upset has been reported by people with pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Stomach upset 141,518 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 5,091 people who have type 2 diabetes and Stomach Upset are studied.
Gender of people who have type 2 diabetes and experienced Stomach upset * :
|Stomach upset||70.29%||29.71% |
Age of people who have type 2 diabetes and experienced Stomach upset * :
|Stomach upset||0.02%||0.02%||0.12%||0.65%||3.06%||11.31%||27.78%||57.06% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach upset||7.14%||85.71%||7.14%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4,009 people, 78.75%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (2,274 people, 44.67%)
- Hypertension (758 people, 14.89%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (145 people, 2.85%)
- Diabetes mellitus (143 people, 2.81%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (122 people, 2.40%)
- Blood cholesterol (120 people, 2.36%)
- Pain (116 people, 2.28%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (102 people, 2.00%)
- Depression (97 people, 1.91%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Byetta (3,731 people, 73.29%)
- Lantus (818 people, 16.07%)
- Victoza (785 people, 15.42%)
- Aspirin (767 people, 15.07%)
- Glucophage (707 people, 13.89%)
- Actos (696 people, 13.67%)
- Glipizide (523 people, 10.27%)
- Metformin (519 people, 10.19%)
- Amaryl (478 people, 9.39%)
- Avandia (424 people, 8.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Type 2 Diabetes and Stomach Upset?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Stomach Upset and Type 2 diabetes
- support group for people who have Type 2 diabetes
- support group for people who have Stomach Upset
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Type 2 diabetes
@Desta88 - Here's an article about it: http://www.healthline.com/health/diabetes/bad-breath#2 I know that the breath changes when the blood sugar is high. To me it smells like juicy fruit gum. But that smell goes away when the blood sugar returns to normal levels. Hope this helps!
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is vomiting all liquids common while taking morphine
(Asked by a 29 year old man who has Vomiting, and takes Morphine)
I Recently started taking 6mg of Hydro-Morphine per day for pain. Every time i take the drug i vomit up any liquids I drink. i fell just fine without anything in my stomach but as soon as i eat or drink I instantly become nauseated and vomit everything. It is hard not to drink because the drug is ma ...
- Is rasberry ketone safe
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, TIA, and takes Sertraline, Aspirin, Simvastatin)
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
- My dr. prescribed me phergan. how common is weight gain on this drug?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, and takes Phenergan)
A Dr. prescribed me Phenergan and Potassium CL ER today. I read online that Phenergan can cause weight gain. Have any of you been on Phenergan, and if so have you experiences any weight gain or other symptoms I should be made aware of? Thank you in advance.
- Lamicta side effect nausa and vomiting after years of takin it for bi-polar (1 answer)
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Vomiting, Nausea, and takes Lamictal)
I been taking Lamictal for a couple of years. With no side effects. Presently I starter having nausea, and dry heaves ,
I went to the specialist they run test for stomach hernia, etc etc. they did not find any thing wrong. Today I noatice I experience nausea after taking Lamictal I experience ...
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair (1 answer)
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
More questions for: Type 2 diabetes, Stomach upset
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, and takes Savella)
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s in ...
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Stomach Upset, Smell - Impaired, and takes Farxiga)
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
- Poisened by fenofibrate
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Nausea And Vomiting, Loose Stools, Stomach Pain, and takes Fenofibrate)
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
- Buspirone and biotin
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Vomiting, Abdominal Pain Lower, and takes Biotin, Buspirone Hydrochloride)
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
More reviews for: Type 2 diabetes, Stomach upset
- A study of drug interactions between Aleve, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Joint Pain, Depression. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
Comments: severe nausea and vomiting when take aleve for arthritus/joint pain, no longer take aleve, take advil instead. never experienced nausea and vomiting while taking wellbutrin and occaisionally taking advil for pain
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of drug interactions between Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, Add, Blood Pressure. The patient has Pelvic Pain, Vomiting, Hot Flashes
Comments: Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved to mnthly and las two episodes were within 2 weeks of each other. Oct 12-13& oct31-nov 1. I believe pain to be mittleschmirtz the hot flashes and vomiting just started within the last year.
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Aspirin, Milk Thistle, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Liver Cirrhosis. The patient has Impaired Memory, Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Joint Stiffness, Back Pain
Comments: Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
- A study of side effects of Gliclazide for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Burning Feet Syndrome (burning sensation in the sole of the foot)
Comments: I was taking gliclazide with Sitagliptin but the sitagliptin got finished so now I use only gliclazide. However, each time I take gliclazide I get this burning sensation in my legs which has happened again now
More related studies for: Type 2 diabetes, Stomach upset
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.