Home > Type 2 diabetes > Water retention > Type 2 diabetes and Water retention
Review: could Type 2 diabetes cause Water retention (Fluid Retention)?
We study 76,580 people who have Type 2 diabetes from FDA and social media. Among them, 495 have Water retention (Fluid Retention). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Type 2 diabetes and Water retention >>>
Type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 220,851 patients) can be treated by Metformin Hydrochloride, Metformin, Januvia, Glimepiride, Victoza, Glipizide.
Water retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) (latest reports from 91,080 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 76,580 people who have type 2 diabetes are studied. Among them, 495 (0.65%) have Water Retention.
Gender of people who have type 2 diabetes and experienced Water retention * :
|Water retention||58.25%||41.75% |
Age of people who have type 2 diabetes and experienced Water retention * :
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.20%||2.77%||10.30%||25.94%||60.99% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (347 people, 70.10%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (263 people, 53.13%)
- Hypertension (35 people, 7.07%)
- Diabetes mellitus (22 people, 4.44%)
- Blood pressure (22 people, 4.44%)
- Blood cholesterol (16 people, 3.23%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (14 people, 2.83%)
- Dyslipidaemia (10 people, 2.02%)
- Cardiac disorder (9 people, 1.82%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (9 people, 1.82%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Avandia (234 people, 47.27%)
- Actos (129 people, 26.06%)
- Byetta (128 people, 25.86%)
- Lantus (92 people, 18.59%)
- Aspirin (92 people, 18.59%)
- Lasix (81 people, 16.36%)
- Furosemide (69 people, 13.94%)
- Lipitor (68 people, 13.74%)
- Glucophage (65 people, 13.13%)
- Humalog (48 people, 9.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Type 2 Diabetes and Water Retention?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Water Retention and Type 2 diabetes
- support group for people who have Type 2 diabetes
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I recover from the stiffness after sleeping on or using a heating pad for a few hours. Notice if my sugar level gets low that's when the stiffness happens
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Type 2 diabetes, Water retention
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. Pe ...
- Metformin, vision blurred
My primary care physician prescribed Metformin for type 2 Diabetes. First pill caused "wobbly" then blurred vision within a half hour of taking. Asked doctor if I should stop taking the drug. She said no. Second pill doubled the blurring immediately. Long distance and middle vision (computer screen ...
More reviews for: Type 2 diabetes, Water retention
Common treatments for Type 2 Diabetes and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Type 2 diabetes symptoms:
- Blood Glucose Increased in Type 2 diabetes (15,793 reports)
- Nausea in Type 2 diabetes (12,942 reports)
- Weight Decreased in Type 2 diabetes (11,049 reports)
- Appetite Decreased in Type 2 diabetes (5,831 reports)
- Blood Glucose Decreased in Type 2 diabetes (5,779 reports)
- Nausea And Vomiting in Type 2 diabetes (5,090 reports)
- Stools - Watery in Type 2 diabetes (4,230 reports)
- Vertigo in Type 2 diabetes (3,788 reports)
- Headaches in Type 2 diabetes (2,852 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Type 2 diabetes (2,842 reports)
Water Retention related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (36 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D for a 26-year old woman who has Vitamin D Deficiency (39 minutes ago)
- Alprazolam for a 45-year old woman who has Initial Insomnia (54 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atorvastatin Calcium
- Vitamin B12
- Bone And Joint Pain
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (3 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (3 hours ago)
- Jaw Pain And Heart Attacks
- Persimmon Fruit