Home > Upper respiratory tract infection > Palpitations > Upper respiratory tract infection and Palpitations
Review: could Upper respiratory tract infection cause Palpitations (Heart palpitations)?
We study 3,271 people who have Upper respiratory tract infection from FDA and social media. Among them, 67 have Palpitations (Heart palpitations). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Upper respiratory tract infection and Palpitations >>>
Upper respiratory tract infection
Upper respiratory tract infection (latest reports from 124,253 patients) can be treated by Azithromycin, Amoxicillin, Levaquin, Clarithromycin, Zithromax.
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) (latest reports from 315,770 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 3,270 people who have upper respiratory tract infection are studied. Among them, 67 (2.05%) have Palpitations.
Gender of people who have upper respiratory tract infection and experienced Palpitations * :
Age of people who have upper respiratory tract infection and experienced Palpitations * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Rhinitis (5 people, 7.46%)
- Depression (5 people, 7.46%)
- Hypothyroidism (3 people, 4.48%)
- Influenza (3 people, 4.48%)
- Hyperphosphataemia (3 people, 4.48%)
- Bronchitis (2 people, 2.99%)
- Spinal osteoarthritis (2 people, 2.99%)
- Pharyngitis (2 people, 2.99%)
- Crohn's disease (1 people, 1.49%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 1.49%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Avelox (22 people, 32.84%)
- Levaquin (10 people, 14.93%)
- Albuterol (9 people, 13.43%)
- Claritin (7 people, 10.45%)
- Ibuprofen (6 people, 8.96%)
- Ribavirin (5 people, 7.46%)
- Azithromycin (4 people, 5.97%)
- Cefuroxime sodium (4 people, 5.97%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 5.97%)
- Amoxicillin (4 people, 5.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection and Palpitations?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Palpitations and Upper respiratory tract infection
- group for people who have Upper respiratory tract infection
- group for people who have Palpitations
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
In the last two months these have just showed up and I have done a stress test Eco cardio hauler monitor EKG all of those came back as good but there is something causing my heart burn and with in the last 4 days my stomach has had a lot of pressure and felt acidy for no reason not eating anything but I bloat after eating?
From this study (4 days ago):
Feels like electrical shocks and muscle spasms in heart possible. At times so strong I stop everything because of it and if I get my heart rate up or get stressed/mad/excitedthen it is worse.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Elavil, 25mg @ night stopped an 11 month chronic headache after a head injury, I sustained 1 1/2 years ago.
Additionally, Neurologist prescribed 100 mg Lyrica for chronic back/nerve pain from moderate/severe spinal injuries, sustained 20+ years earlier. (Crushed/cracked verabrae and 3 intervertebral disc bulges)
I had been using Ibuprofen daily in moderate to heavy dosage for the last 20+ years. (800+ mg daily B/4 and then continually after recent head injury)
I was advised to stop/reduce use of Motrin to 1/2 month or less. It is still the best pain relief but have reduced to PRN, perhaps 200 mg alternate days.
Since treatment with Lyrica I've noticed reduced nerve pain and stopped using Elavil for sake of not feeling so "wrecked" in the mornings. I have also developed a severe sleep apnoea, treated unsuccessfully via CPAP device which is unbearable to use. I have subsequently suffered with depression/mood disorder for 20+ years and am currently un-treated for this long-standing vulnerability which came back with a vengence after the head-injury. I feel irregularity to my heart beat by the end of the day. I feel suicidal and violently angry.
dutchgirlsamm on Aug, 30, 2014:
Lyrics is known to cause suicidal thoughts and aggression...its called an adverse reaction.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Upper respiratory tract infection, Palpitations
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Fenofibrate allergy and gall bladder problems
Took fenofibrate for about 9 months to treat high cholesterol, it lowered total from 250 down to 175 along with lowered triglycerides and LDL. After 6 months started having allergy and cold flu symptoms along with heart palpitations. Allergies caused sore throat, fluid behind ear,and sinus congest ...
- Heart pounding on zoloft
Have been on Zoloft for 3 weeks and have heart pounding once a week for a few hours which unable me to sleep
- Generic suboxone causing heart palpitations
I've been on the name brand Suboxone and recently was changed over to a generic Bupe/Naloxone and started having an extreme amount of heart palpitations three days after the switch. They began mildly and by the third day had increased to the point I had to stop taking it. Once I started taking the n ...
More reviews for: Upper respiratory tract infection, Palpitations
Common treatments for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Upper respiratory tract infection symptoms:
Palpitations related symptom studies:
Palpitations is also known as: Heart palpitations, Heart pounding, Heart pounding or racing, Heart racing, Heartbeat sensations, Irregular heartbeat.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Klonopin, Albuterol Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Xarelto, Phenergan for a 50-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Wheezing , Hypertension , Pulmonary Artery Thrombosis, Nausea (10 minutes ago)
- Prilosec, Paxil for a 49-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder (53 minutes ago)
- Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 58-year old woman who has Numbness And Tingling (58 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vomiting and Fibromyalgia
- Enbrel and Bone Fragmentation
- Topamax and Localised Osteoarthritis
- Gout and Metolazone
- Omeprazole and Urine Odor
Recent user comments
- "High Blood pressure
Pulmonary Embolism approximately ... " (12 minutes ago)
- "lips have been sort of numb and eyes feel like they a ... " (60 minutes ago)
- "Started using omeprazole 2 months ago. Just noticed s ... " (2 hours ago)
- Intestinal Obstruction Nos
- Testosterone Cypionate
- Thyroid Carcinoma Nos
- Undifferentiated Sarcoma