Review: could Urinary tract infection cause Diarrhea?
We study 13,998 people who have Urinary tract infection from FDA and social media. Among them, 635 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection (latest reports from 448,295 patients) can be treated by Macrobid, Cipro, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Bactrim, Nitrofurantoin, Ciprofloxacin.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,096,425 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Sep, 10, 2014: 13,995 people who have urinary tract infection are studied. Among them, 635 (4.54%) have Diarrhea.
Gender of people who have urinary tract infection and experienced Diarrhea * :
Age of people who have urinary tract infection and experienced Diarrhea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Cystitis (118 people, 18.58%)
- Hypertension (60 people, 9.45%)
- Pain (37 people, 5.83%)
- Diarrhoea (31 people, 4.88%)
- Nausea (29 people, 4.57%)
- Insomnia (27 people, 4.25%)
- Contraception (27 people, 4.25%)
- Constipation (22 people, 3.46%)
- Gastritis (20 people, 3.15%)
- Depression (20 people, 3.15%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Ciprofloxacin (88 people, 13.86%)
- Levaquin (68 people, 10.71%)
- Cipro (60 people, 9.45%)
- Nitrofurantoin (55 people, 8.66%)
- Aspirin (43 people, 6.77%)
- Augmentin '125' (38 people, 5.98%)
- Simvastatin (36 people, 5.67%)
- Nexium (35 people, 5.51%)
- Omeprazole (31 people, 4.88%)
- Cipro xr (29 people, 4.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection and Diarrhea?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Diarrhea and Urinary tract infection
- group for people who have Urinary tract infection
- group for people who have Diarrhea
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
Been taking this for three days and have just experienced first bout of diarrhoe
From this study (1 year ago):
Had two heart attacks (mild) in the last 1 1/2 months, catherization done but too much blockage to tx, aortic valve only working 25%, another valve 50%, open heart surgery avoided due to risk factor. Indegestion is a pressure feeling every time she tries to eat and feels better when she burbs. Only occasionally has heartburn
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Warfarin and urinary infections
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
- Is taking imodium a few days after taking aloe vera gel safe?
I have diarrhea from taking aloe Vera gel and I really need to get rid of it, I bought the aloe Vera gel on about Monday of this week. I have been having diarrhea from this aloe Vera gel since a day after I took it. I was wondering if it was safe to take Imodium for my diarrhea four days after i dra ...
More questions for: Urinary tract infection, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
More reviews for: Urinary tract infection, Diarrhea
Common treatments for Urinary Tract Infection and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Urinary tract infection symptoms:
Diarrhea related symptom studies:
- Diarrhea in Blood pressure increased (7,882 reports)
- Diarrhea in Blood pressure (7,465 reports)
- Diarrhea in Crohn's disease (3,665 reports)
- Diarrhea in Depression (4,494 reports)
- Diarrhea in Dyslipidemia (3,936 reports)
- Diarrhea in Ms (3,260 reports)
- Diarrhea in Osteoporosis (4,399 reports)
- Diarrhea in Pain (4,528 reports)
- Diarrhea in Rheumatoid arthritis (4,566 reports)
- Diarrhea in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4,280 reports)
Urinary Tract Infection is also known as: Bladder infection, Cystitis, UTI.
Diarrhea is also known as: Diarrhoea, Frequent bowel movements, Loose bowel movements, Stools - watery.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.