Home > Urinary tract infection > Muscular weakness > Urinary tract infection and Muscular weakness
Review: could Urinary tract infection cause Muscular weakness (Weakness)?
We study 14,022 people who have Urinary tract infection from FDA and social media. Among them, 772 have Muscular weakness (Weakness). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Urinary tract infection and Muscular weakness >>>
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection (latest reports from 450,550 patients) can be treated by Macrobid, Cipro, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Bactrim, Nitrofurantoin, Bactrim Ds.
Muscular weakness (muscle weakness) (latest reports from 1,330,641 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 14,018 people who have urinary tract infection are studied. Among them, 772 (5.51%) have Muscular Weakness.
Gender of people who have urinary tract infection and experienced Muscular weakness * :
|Muscular weakness||77.58%||22.42% |
Age of people who have urinary tract infection and experienced Muscular weakness * :
|Muscular weakness||0.12%||0.98%||3.18%||4.77%||9.91%||14.69%||12.24%||54.22% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscular weakness||0.00%||8.33%||75.00%||16.67% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Cystitis (155 people, 20.08%)
- Hypertension (58 people, 7.51%)
- Pain (33 people, 4.27%)
- Depression (29 people, 3.76%)
- Atrial fibrillation (28 people, 3.63%)
- Osteoporosis (23 people, 2.98%)
- Anxiety (22 people, 2.85%)
- Nausea (21 people, 2.72%)
- Diabetes mellitus (21 people, 2.72%)
- Hypothyroidism (19 people, 2.46%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Levaquin (156 people, 20.21%)
- Ciprofloxacin (144 people, 18.65%)
- Cipro (90 people, 11.66%)
- Aspirin (78 people, 10.10%)
- Nitrofurantoin (67 people, 8.68%)
- Macrobid (55 people, 7.12%)
- Furosemide (45 people, 5.83%)
- Simvastatin (42 people, 5.44%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (39 people, 5.05%)
- Lasix (38 people, 4.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection and Muscular Weakness?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Muscular Weakness and Urinary tract infection
- support group for people who have Urinary tract infection
- support group for people who have Muscular Weakness
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
Pain is mostly on left side but will linger to right shoulder. Everything will worsen when head turns in any direction but straight.Headaches will focus behind the left eye or base of the skull. Intense pain in thighs when getting up after laying in bed like someonr just wrapped them in tiny rubber bands,
From this study (2 years ago):
I'm afraid all of these are working against one another and the 2 antibiotics at the same time worries me. Also, the extreme perspiration, weakness that happens every morning, when walking, shopping, etc. happens sometimes just walking around the house or after I take my pills .
From this study (3 years ago):
Does this drug promote osteoarithis? I have this in both hips and 3 to 4 months after taking MRI.s showed osteoarthritis in all my joints. After taking the drug for 14 days, I had to stop, left knee locked up, weekness in entire left leg, it was 3 days before I could use it to go up the stairs.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can marijuana be causing serious, long-term muscle weakness?
I'm almost 65 years old, am a successful, well adjusted professional and have used marijuana on and off for over 45 years. I began using it more heavily about five years ago. Beginning about four years ago I began experiencing serious muscle weakness, in the large muscles. I was a skier, hiker, s ...
- Warfarin and urinary infections
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- Could the iud cause body pain nerevous,dizziness,confessing after about a year?
I was having a light chest pain going over to my right arm went to the hospital and they said they could find anything ....Once again said it was anxiety.... I was woundering if the iud could have infected my body some how causing the symptoms and more..thank you for you time....
More questions for: Urinary tract infection, Muscular weakness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Bladder infection while on mestinon
Had gradual lest side weakness. Everyday living is difficult. I was referred to cleveland clinic. Dr there has had me go through several tests. My tilt table test showed increase of heart rate and blood pressure. So he suspects I have POTS Postier orthostatic tachecardia syndrome. Still more t ...
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
More reviews for: Urinary tract infection, Muscular weakness
Common treatments for Urinary Tract Infection and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Urinary tract infection symptoms:
Muscular Weakness related symptom studies:
- Muscular Weakness in Blood pressure (8,440 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in Depression (4,874 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (2,842 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in Diabetes mellitus (2,971 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in High blood cholesterol (8,027 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in Hypertension (9,005 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in Ms (14,531 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in Osteoporosis (6,975 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in Pain (5,071 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in Ra (4,879 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.