Home > Urinary tract infection > Platelet count decreased > Urinary tract infection and Platelet count decreased
Would you have Platelet count decreased (Thrombocytopenia ) when you have Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Platelet count decreased is found among people with Urinary tract infection, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Anxiety, and take medication Levofloxacin.
We study 94 people who have Platelet count decreased (Thrombocytopenia ) and Urinary tract infection from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Urinary tract infection and Platelet count decreased >>>
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection (latest reports from 448,493 patients) can be treated by Macrobid, Cipro, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Bactrim, Nitrofurantoin, Bactrim Ds.
Platelet count decreased
Platelet count decreased (latest reports from 237,987 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 94 people who have urinary tract infection and Platelet Count Decreased are studied.
Gender of people who have urinary tract infection and experienced Platelet count decreased * :
|Platelet count decreased||63.27%||36.73% |
Age of people who have urinary tract infection and experienced Platelet count decreased * :
|Platelet count decreased||1.06%||0.00%||5.32%||3.19%||2.13%||7.45%||12.77%||68.09% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Anxiety (11 people, 11.70%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 10.64%)
- Pain (9 people, 9.57%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 8.51%)
- Pneumonia (7 people, 7.45%)
- Gastritis (7 people, 7.45%)
- Constipation (7 people, 7.45%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 6.38%)
- Depression (6 people, 6.38%)
- Headache (5 people, 5.32%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Levofloxacin (18 people, 19.15%)
- Aspirin (17 people, 18.09%)
- Ciprofloxacin (14 people, 14.89%)
- Lasix (9 people, 9.57%)
- Acetaminophen (8 people, 8.51%)
- Bactrim (8 people, 8.51%)
- Ranitidine (6 people, 6.38%)
- Cipro (6 people, 6.38%)
- Furosemide (6 people, 6.38%)
- Lansoprazole (6 people, 6.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Comments for this study:
charlotte (2 years ago):
Hi Ive been reading your study on low platelets in urinary tract infections.
I have just returned from the doctor who did a full blood and urine analysis.
The results say I have a urinary tract infection, and has prescribed medicine. Also my platelet count is at 67. I believe the normal ranges are 140-450.
Is this due to the infection?
I also noticed that 1 in 9 of the people with the urinary infections that you tested also suffer from anxiety too.
Do you believe there is a link between anxiety and the urinary infections.
I would appreciate your response.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection and Platelet Count Decreased?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Platelet Count Decreased and Urinary tract infection
- support group for people who have Urinary tract infection
- support group for people who have Platelet Count Decreased
Latest outcomes in real world:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Warfarin and urinary infections
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has UTI, and takes Macrobid)
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
- Does a side effect exist through maca (nutrition supplement from peru) like urinary tract infection or a kidney infection?
(Asked by a 42 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Maca)
Burn feelings in the urethra (bottom of penis) during pee and (soft) stitches in the kidneys
- Did anyone get sore throat while undergoing medication for uti
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Sore Throat, and takes Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride)
I had been diagnosed with UTI last week. I had been experiencing pain when unrinating thus I consulted my OBGyne for I had been once checked by a Urologist and told me that my UTI is not related to any kidney problems thus recommending me to see an OBGyne.
My OBGyne told me that I take Zinnat twice ...
- Which drug for uti is less likely to cause low platelets - amoxicillin or trimethroprim
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has UTI, Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Years ago on two occasions (11 years in between) I had severe thrombocytopenia some weeks after taking Septrin (trimethroprim and sulfamethoxazole ). I now have a UTI which hasn't responded to home treatment and my doctor has offered trimethroprim or amoxicillin. I have also had megaloblastic anae ...
More questions for: Urinary tract infection, Platelet count decreased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has UTI, Uti. Haven't Had Any In Years..hard To Get Rid Of., and takes Bydureon)
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Cystitis, and takes Prolia)
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
(Posted by a 39 year old woman who has UTI, and takes Prozac, Vyvanse)
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
- Temporary amnesia from uti
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide)
I developed a Urinary Tract Infection which caused sudden severe pain and temporary amnesia for about 5 hours. I am going to start a Candida diet and stop eating all sugars and yeast. This can take a long period of time but as I am 60 years old and have been eating sugar for most of my life, it won' ...
More reviews for: Urinary tract infection, Platelet count decreased
- A study of side effects of Macrobid for a patient with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Cystitis Chronic (long lasting inflammation of the wall of the bladder)
Comments: Now have very painful achellies tendinitis
- A study of drug interactions between Lunesta, Geodon, Viibryd, Trimethoprim, Spironolactone, Vytorin, Aspirin, Calcium, Exemestane for a patient with Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance, Bipolar Disorder, Urinary Tract Infection, Hirsutism, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: monthly urinary tract infections
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a patient with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Cough Aggravated
Comments: Was taking CIPRO for UTI. But half way the dose I developed instant dry cough which persisted for 8 weeks! Eventually the Xray showed the ATRIAL Lead Displacement!
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a patient with Bladder Infection. The patient has Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation
Comments: While taking peridium for 2 days, and 500mg cipro twice daily for 10 days for UTI, I developed acute burning and the sensation of "sitting on something". After 3 more urine dipsticks (2 positive for blood and leukocytes), and 3 negative cultures, within the next 6 weeks, I am suffering from burning ...
- A study of side effects of Macrodantin for a patient with UTI. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: Due to lack of appetite, and not following the directions, I didn't eat once starting Macrodantin. Due to nausea, I will change that.
Beginning blood sugar 88
After two doses 151
After two additional doses 170
More related studies for: Urinary tract infection, Platelet count decreased
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.