Home > Uti > Chills > Uti and Chills
Would you have Chills when you have Uti?
Summary: Chills is found among people with Uti, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Urinary tract infection, and take medication Nitrofurantoin.
We study 265 people who have Chills and Uti from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Uti and Chills >>>
Uti (urinary tract infection) (latest reports from 448,493 patients) can be treated by Macrobid, Cipro, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Nitrofurantoin, Bactrim, Bactrim Ds.
Chills (felling of cold) (latest reports from 252,280 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 14,028 people who have uti are studied. Among them, 265 (1.89%) have Chills.
Gender of people who have uti and experienced Chills * :
Age of people who have uti and experienced Chills * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Urinary tract infection (234 people, 88.30%)
- Cystitis (55 people, 20.75%)
- Hypertension (14 people, 5.28%)
- Depression (11 people, 4.15%)
- Prostatitis (11 people, 4.15%)
- Prophylaxis (8 people, 3.02%)
- Myeloproliferative disorder (6 people, 2.26%)
- Pain (5 people, 1.89%)
- Diabetes mellitus (5 people, 1.89%)
- Anxiety (5 people, 1.89%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Nitrofurantoin (47 people, 17.74%)
- Macrobid (31 people, 11.70%)
- Levaquin (28 people, 10.57%)
- Ciprofloxacin (23 people, 8.68%)
- Cipro xr (15 people, 5.66%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 4.53%)
- Augmentin '125' (12 people, 4.53%)
- Vitamin d (11 people, 4.15%)
- Bactrim ds (10 people, 3.77%)
- Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim (10 people, 3.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Uti and Chills?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Chills and Uti
- support group for people who have Uti
- support group for people who have Chills
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Warfarin and urinary infections
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has UTI, and takes Macrobid)
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
- Are there any otc medications that can ease stomach pain caused by the use of colchicine
(Asked by a 40 year old man who has Stomach Pain, Chills, and takes Colchicine)
My boyfriend has gout and with severe attacks he takes his prescribed Colchine.
He is experiencing severe stomach pain and now has chills. I suggested that he may have taken too much of it and now he just wants immediate relief of his stomach pain......any suggestions or feedback from anyone with g ...
- Does a side effect exist through maca (nutrition supplement from peru) like urinary tract infection or a kidney infection?
(Asked by a 42 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Maca)
Burn feelings in the urethra (bottom of penis) during pee and (soft) stitches in the kidneys
- Did anyone get sore throat while undergoing medication for uti
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Sore Throat, and takes Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride)
I had been diagnosed with UTI last week. I had been experiencing pain when unrinating thus I consulted my OBGyne for I had been once checked by a Urologist and told me that my UTI is not related to any kidney problems thus recommending me to see an OBGyne.
My OBGyne told me that I take Zinnat twice ...
More questions for: Uti, Chills
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has UTI, Uti. Haven't Had Any In Years..hard To Get Rid Of., and takes Bydureon)
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- Seizure disorder med problems
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Flaxseed Oil, Daily Vitamin, Dry Heaves, Dizziness, Nausea, Chills, Sinus Headache, Nightmares - Repeated, and takes Ginger, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Topiramate, Lamotrigine)
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of ...
- Chills while on tizanidine
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Chills, and takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride)
Extremely sensitive to cold and have chills several times a day
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Simple Partial Seizures, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Constipation, Nausea, Chills, and takes Celexa)
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Cystitis, and takes Prolia)
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
More reviews for: Uti, Chills
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a patient with Bladder Infection. The patient has Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation
Comments: While taking peridium for 2 days, and 500mg cipro twice daily for 10 days for UTI, I developed acute burning and the sensation of "sitting on something". After 3 more urine dipsticks (2 positive for blood and leukocytes), and 3 negative cultures, within the next 6 weeks, I am suffering from burning ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec Allergy, B Complex Vitamin, Magnesium, Lepidium Meyenii for a patient with Allergy, Fatigue, Anemia, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos). The patient has Fever, Infertility Female, Vision Blurred, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Mood Swings, Hot Flashes, Skin Flaking, Skin - Dry, Itching, Itching - Burning Eyes, Urination - Difficulty With Flow, Urination - Excessive Volume, Urination - Excessive At Night, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Chronic Depression, Confusional State, Eye Movements - Uncontrollable, Dizziness, Chills, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath, Swelling Of Fingers, Eye Redness, Allergic Cough, Throat Irritation, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Headache, Edema, Swelling Face, Swollen Tongue, Throat Tightness
Comments: I keep having an allergic reaction while ONLY in my apartment. I've had these symptoms with (worsening over time) since moving in. I would like to know if I have a possible mold allergy because my place is very old and has no ventilation.
My symptoms such as the swelling, edema, throat tightness, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Levofloxacin for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Serotonin Syndrome
Comments: Am weaning off of cymbalta, have been taking it with duragesic patches and Percocet for years and for several months in and out of hospital with many of the symptoms that mimic other health issues. and endocrinologist switched me to prozac and when that happened went into atrial fib which clinched t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Reclast, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Klor-con M20, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Nitrofurantoin, Lyrica, Zocor, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Parkinson's Disease, Potassium - Low, Irregular Heartbeat, Urinary Tract Infection, Musculoskeletal Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Muscle Pain. The patient has Reclast
Comments: This is my 3rd year for the Reclast IV. The first year I had no side effects. The second, I had flu-like symptoms for a few days. This year, I began to experience severe musculoskeletal pain the day after I received the infusion. I have migratory pain that affects my ability to walk and perform d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Ketorolac Tromethamine for a patient with Strep Throat. The patient has Chills, Vision Blurred, Dizziness, Breath Odour, Ibuprofen, Amoxicillin
Comments: I honestly thought I was this was worse than child birth. Not pain wise, but the feeling that I was going to suffocate. For a little while there, my teeth were chattering so hard, that it sounded like a helicopter to me. Thats crazy, but it just would not stop. My jaw felt like it was so tired, and ...
More related studies for: Uti, Chills
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.