Review: could Vitamin d deficiency cause Vertigo?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 5, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 1,489 people who have Vitamin d deficiency. Among them, 78 experience Vertigo (Dizziness). See who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Vitamin d deficiency
Vitamin d deficiency (latest reports from 29,136 patients) is typically treated by Vitamin D, Multivitamin.
Vertigo (latest reports from 1,271,108 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Mar, 5, 2014: 1,487 people who have vitamin d deficiency are studied. Among them, 78 (5.25%) have Vertigo.
Gender of people who have vitamin d deficiency and experienced Vertigo * :
Age of people who have vitamin d deficiency and experienced Vertigo * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (20 people, 25.64%)
- Depression (19 people, 24.36%)
- Pain (18 people, 23.08%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (17 people, 21.79%)
- Asthma (14 people, 17.95%)
- Hypersensitivity (11 people, 14.10%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (11 people, 14.10%)
- Arthritis (11 people, 14.10%)
- Nausea (8 people, 10.26%)
- Crohn's disease (8 people, 10.26%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Vitamin d (44 people, 56.41%)
- Calcium (15 people, 19.23%)
- Aspirin (15 people, 19.23%)
- Lasix (14 people, 17.95%)
- Cymbalta (13 people, 16.67%)
- Nexium (11 people, 14.10%)
- Lipitor (10 people, 12.82%)
- Simvastatin (10 people, 12.82%)
- Lyrica (9 people, 11.54%)
- Albuterol (9 people, 11.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Vitamin d deficiency, Vertigo
You can also:
Common treatments for Vitamin D Deficiency and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all Vitamin d deficiency symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
Vitamin D deficient. High Cholesterol inherited. But while on statin drug I had a pseudo-heart attack, and became weakened and then paralyzed in lower extremities. Later found out father had same severe reaction to statin drugs. My cholesterol is still too high in using just Fish Oil 3-6-9, but don't want to try another statin :( because of side effects. In the meantime doc switched me from Metformin alone to glipizide w Metformin. I got my first ever hypOglycemic reading in the 70's and 90's. So now know what that feels like. But BS won't regulate. Latest problem of 2 weeks with severe bronchitis treated with z-pack, then prednisolone. (2 more days on pred) and my BS readings are staying in the 200s to near 400! I've increased the dosage by one pill while taking prednisone. Fasting bs did get down to 146, but that's the lowest. Now FIGHTING TO GET AWAKE AND STAY AWAKE. I'm shaky weak, and so weak that and feel like I am falling. Sleep attacks...hours go by...I'm scared I won't wake up, but can't stay awake.
be ware of metformin on Mar, 3, 2014:
I am a 64 yr old female who was on metformin for 10 plus yrs. I was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure. One of the first things the doctor took me off was metformin. I thought it was strange, so I did research and discovered that metformin can cause death. According to the people who make metformin doctors are aware of the dangers. They even put it in black boxes. This protects them from any liability so people can not sue them. Metformin is bad news. Research your meds. And I too have bouts of vertigo. I think we are all being used as guinea pigs.
From this study (2 months ago):
I only take Cialis on weekends. I get vertigo occasionally on Monday or Tuesday
From this study (3 months ago):
Blood test showed I'm Vitamin D deficient even tho I already was taking 2000 units: doc said to add 6000 more. I have chronic fatigue syndrome and Foreign Accent Syndrome. I am 5'9" 205# which classifies as obese. High Cholesterol inherited. But while on statin drug I had a pseudo-heart attack, and became weakened and then paralyzed in lower extremities. Later found out father had same severe reaction to statin drugs. My cholesterol is still too high in using just Fish Oil 3-6-9, but don't want to try another statin :( because of side effects. In the meantime doc switched me from Metformin alone to glipizide w Metformin. I got my first ever hypOglycemic reading in the 70's and 90's. So now know what that feels like. But BS won't regulate. Latest problem of 2 weeks with severe bronchitis treated with z-pack, then prednisolone. (2 more days on pred) and my BS readings are staying in the 200s to near 400! I've increased the dosage by one pill while taking prednisone. Fasting bs did get down to 146, but that's the lowest. Now FIGHTING TO GET AWAKE AND STAY AWAKE. I have to really focus to even move a little bit. Problems understanding words. Can't read. Eyes cross too easy... So tired. Very weak. Wall walk to bathroom. On toilet can't remember if I've peed or not. Sleep attacks...hours go by...I'm scared I won't wake up, but can't stay awake.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vitamin d deficiency, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Can crestor cause vertigo?
I started taking Crestor in May of 2011. I had my first big "episode" in June.
Severe vertigo, loss of balance, slurred speech, fatigue, loss for words, tingling, numbness, pressure in back of head...
Didn't have all at once, but went to hospital via ambulance twice. Was first given 1000 mg of kep ...
More reviews for: Vitamin d deficiency, Vertigo
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Cialis for a patient with Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Vitamin D Deficiency, Erectile Disfunction. The patient has Vertigo (Dizziness)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones (Bone pain or tenderness), Paralysis (Muscle function loss), Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral (Arteriovenous malformation - cerebral), Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease (Osteoarthritis), Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head (Headache), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Lightheadedness - Fainting (Fainting), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Dizziness, Restlessness (Agitation), Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches)
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Aspartate, Malic Acid, Vitamin C, L-Lysine, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, B Complex Vitamin, Garlic, Cinnamon Bark, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Lipoic Acid, NAC, SAM-e, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Xanax, Clonazepam, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Cymbalta, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Fibtomyalgia, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Panic Disorder Without Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Ptsd, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type. The patient has Headache, Numbing In Extremities, Confusion, Blood In Urine, Dizziness, Sluggishness, Tiredness (Fatigue), Chronic Migraine, Difficulty Concentrating
More related studies for: Vitamin d deficiency, Vertigo
Recent Vitamin D Deficiency related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Vitamin d deficiency, Vertigo
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.