Question: Does metformin cause kidney stones or kidney problems?
Age: 25 Gender: female
Conditions: Stones - Kidney, Kidney Infection, Kidney Damage
Medications: Metformin Hydrochloride, Metformin
Number of patients like MetforminVSkidneys on eHealthMe: 1,793
Personalized health information: on eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA and social media since 1977. Our tools are free and anonymous. 66 million people have used us. 200+ peer-reviewed medical journals have referenced our original studies. Start now >>>
I am trying to find out if others that are or have taken metformin have experienced any kidney problems. Such as kidney stones, kidney infection or kidney damage in general. I personally have never had a kidney stone in my life until I started metformin. Please respond so we can get more warnings out for this medication!
Replies (subscribe to this Q&A):
You can also ask your question in a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Kidney Damage
- support group for people who have Kidney Infection
- support group for people who have Stones - Kidney
- support group for people who take Metformin
- support group for people who take Metformin Hydrochloride
Related topics: Metformin and Kidney Infection, Metformin and Stones - Kidney, Metformin Hydrochloride and Kidney Infection, Metformin Hydrochloride and Stones - Kidney, Kidney Infection and Stones - Kidney, Stones - Kidney and Kidney Infection
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can we take ulcer tablets and pcod tablets together?
I have been taking mesalamine for bleeding ulcer b4 3 years, and i got cured. Now i came to know i have pcod..so gyno gave metformin to regularize my periods. Again after 2 months of taking tat tablet again i came to know my bleeding ulcer got into form,n showing symptoms lik vomitting bloody black ...
- My doctor has me on diovan hct & metformin, however since i have bad cramps she has recommended i up my usual dosage of 2 ibuprofen to 4 and has also prescribed me famotidine (pepcid). is this safe?