(Number of patients like MetforminVSkidneys: 1,793 )
Question: Does metformin cause kidney stones or kidney problems?
Asked by MetforminVSkidneys on Jul, 30, 2013 at 6:20 pm:
Age: 25 Gender: female
Conditions: Stones - Kidney, Kidney Infection, Kidney Damage
Medications: Metformin Hydrochloride, Metformin
I am trying to find out if others that are or have taken metformin have experienced any kidney problems. Such as kidney stones, kidney infection or kidney damage in general. I personally have never had a kidney stone in my life until I started metformin. Please respond so we can get more warnings out for this medication!
Replies (subscribe to this Q&A):
Jas_512 on Oct, 3, 2014 at 12:38 am:
You can also ask your question in a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Kidney Damage
- support group for people who have Kidney Infection
- support group for people who have Stones - Kidney
- support group for people who take Metformin
- support group for people who take Metformin Hydrochloride
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can we take ulcer tablets and pcod tablets together?
I have been taking mesalamine for bleeding ulcer b4 3 years, and i got cured. Now i came to know i have pcod..so gyno gave metformin to regularize my periods. Again after 2 months of taking tat tablet again i came to know my bleeding ulcer got into form,n showing symptoms lik vomitting bloody black ...
- My doctor has me on diovan hct & metformin, however since i have bad cramps she has recommended i up my usual dosage of 2 ibuprofen to 4 and has also prescribed me famotidine (pepcid). is this safe?