Accutane and Azithromycin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Accutane and Azithromycin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Accutane and Azithromycin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 09, 2017
22 people who take Accutane, Azithromycin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Accutane and Azithromycin?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAccutane and Azithromycin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Accutane has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Accutane 31,139 users)
Azithromycin has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Azithromycin 19,462 users)
Interactions between Accutane and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Azithromycin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Accutane and Azithromycina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Accutane (isotretinoin) is often used to treat acne. Azithromycin (azithromycin) is often used to treat pneumonia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Accutane is used in:
- Azithromycin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- My question for you guys is did any of you get Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome from taking Accutane you think? I took Accutane when I was in high school, and the dermatologist told me that, "They don't know the long term side effects yet". But, I was a teen, I thought I was ...
- Severe pain when I exercise
- I was just wondering if it is normal that I am spotting on the first dose of Azithromycin. I just got over my period a week ago and now I'm spotting.. Just really nervous it can be something more serious.
- I am having a hard time finding new info about this
- I went to hosp in severe pain around my front rib to back...like a band. The pain would come so sharply then fade. Previously I experienced tingling and numbness in that area. They sent me home with zithromax. Now I rash. Am pretty sure I have shingles. Is zithromax dangerous with shingles
User reviews to the study
- I was on Accutane treatment in summer of 1994. It is 2017 and I have pterygium in both eyes. I am not able to read with my right eye. This eye is beyond help despite a surgery in ca. 2010 to remove the tissue growth. My right eye changed shape as a consequence of inflammation, healing and ...
- I took for the first time generic z pac and the front of my hair top and sides disappeared it is short!!! And I have long hair! Will it grow back? it has been over 2 months and it is looking shorter. Anyone with a similar experience please write to me to tell me what to do. Thank you, jj
- I took Accutane for about 6 weeks as a young adult. I believe I was 19. I was diagnosed with malignant melanoma at age 35.
- My teenage daughter was one a 6 month program for Accutane She stopped the medicine in March 2016 and was diagnosed with Costochondritis in April 2016. A year later it's still giving her problems where it sometimes prevents her from sports. She's been checked out top to bottom and is healthy. ...
- Hello all i have been given a proscription for yasmin and oratane i have been reading the side effects online and they are scary ... Its nice to join such a group for support and advice