Acyclovir and Azithromycin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Acyclovir and Azithromycin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Acyclovir and Azithromycin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 497 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 10, 2017
497 people who take Acyclovir, Azithromycin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Acyclovir and Azithromycin?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcyclovir and Azithromycin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Acyclovir has active ingredients of acyclovir. It is often used in herpes simplex. (latest outcomes from Acyclovir 24,039 users)
Azithromycin has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Azithromycin 19,462 users)
Interactions between Acyclovir and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Azithromycin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Acyclovir and Azithromycina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Acyclovir (acyclovir) is often used to treat prophylaxis. Azithromycin (azithromycin) is often used to treat pneumonia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Acyclovir is used in:
- Azithromycin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Hello! My name is Monique and I have just started taking Ibrance-finished 2nd cycle two days ago, on my one week break. My question is does Ibrance (low WBC) prevent herpes outbreaks from healing as quickly as they should? I've had an outbreak for about three weeks now...
- Taking acicilivor 400mg morning and night for approx 18months with no outbreaks! Recently having libido problems and Erectile dysfunction. Can this be the meds? Not wanted to come off as i will outbreak. What can i do? Im 30years old
- I was just wondering if it is normal that I am spotting on the first dose of Azithromycin. I just got over my period a week ago and now I'm spotting.. Just really nervous it can be something more serious.
- I went to hosp in severe pain around my front rib to back...like a band. The pain would come so sharply then fade. Previously I experienced tingling and numbness in that area. They sent me home with zithromax. Now I rash. Am pretty sure I have shingles. Is zithromax dangerous with shingles
- I have had herpes of the buttocks for over 25 years and have taken acyclovir for about that time also, 4 or 5 times per year. I recently was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy and they cannot find a reason for it. I am healthy, no diabetes, non alcohol user, not deficient of any vitamin and ...
User reviews to the study
- Does this give you heart palpitations? does drinking with it do it? I have the runs and the palpitations also been on this for 4 days now three more to go feel very on edge, anxiety, shakey do not like it. I have Aprazolam at have to take it also to combat this.
- I took for the first time generic z pac and the front of my hair top and sides disappeared it is short!!! And I have long hair! Will it grow back? it has been over 2 months and it is looking shorter. Anyone with a similar experience please write to me to tell me what to do. Thank you, jj
- Is it safe to take acyclovir and macrobid pr together. I am taking acyclovir for genital herpes type 1 and macrobid for a urethritis.
- I was prescribed a 5 day course of azithromycin to deal with a sinus infection. After about 3 days on the meds I began to notice severe pain in my knees and hips that really affected by ability to walk. I already have a bad knee needing a replacement but this was affecting my other knee also ...
- Hi , About a month ago I had a bad upper respiratory infection and was prescribed an antibiotic called zpack. Ever since then I have lost about 90 % of my ability to smelll and taste. I keep,n hoping it will come back but it does not . Does anyone have any suggestions on something I should ...