Adderall and Paxil drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Adderall and Paxil together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Adderall and Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 559 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
559 people who take Adderall, Paxil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Adderall and Paxil?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAdderall and Paxil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Adderall has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Adderall 32,746 users)
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,152 users)
Interactions between Adderall and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Paxil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Adderall and Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Adderall (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate) is often used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Paxil (paroxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Adderall is used in:
- Paxil is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I've been taking a high dose of adderall for a few years now would this have caused the TOP in the first place and should I stop
- I feel nauseated and having diarrhea and head aches behind my eyes mostly but some in the back of the head also
- Anyone have petechiae around ankles and after stopping paxil how long until it cleared?
- How long after I stop taking paxil will it take for my numbness to stop?
- acute onset numbness , weakness, and gait abnormalities over year ago, other abnormal sensations/functions and pain came on later, symptoms involving mostly sensory and autonomic with some motor persist but fluctuate. have a hard time controlling and dealing with the pain especially. sometimes ...
User reviews to the study
- I have been taking Paxil for years now (at least ten) and have lost a great deal of hair particularly on the crown and back of my head and up through the top. I used to have dense wavy/curly hair and now it very sparse. Has anyone had a similar experience and reversed their hair loss by ...
- Very interested in learning about the side affects that others taking these medications are experiencing.
- My name is Geraldine. I have afib and have been on Multaq 400 mg 2x a day for about 2 years. Recently my son passed away and I have been having a tough time dealing with his passing. I'm going through a mild depression. My Doctor is putting me on Paxil 10 mg once a day to take the edge off. I'm ...
- Hi, I have been taking 20 mg Paxil for years now for anxiety and panic and it has been helpful. I am now entering menopause and am having hot flashes, insomnia and my anxiety has ramped up a bit. I just purchased some Ashwaghanda 62.5 mg but I got nervous when I read the side of the bottle ...
- I have been taking this drug for about a month. I am only on 5mg per day. I just started having nausea all day long. I see that nausea is a common side effect- but wondering if it can start after a month of taking it. :)