Advil and Zicam drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Advil and Zicam together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Advil and Zicam. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 16, 2017
4 people who take Advil, Zicam are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Advil and Zicam?
Advil has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Advil 35,521 users)
Zicam has active ingredients of zinc gluconate. It is often used in herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex). (latest outcomes from Zicam 4,552 users)
Interactions between Advil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Zicam and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Advil and Zicama b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Advil (ibuprofen) is often used to treat pain. Zicam (zinc gluconate) is often used to treat nasopharyngitis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Advil is used in:
- Zicam is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Severe diarrhea after taking 7 Zicam rapidmelts in 36 hours. One day two of severe diarrhea. My question is: Will the diarrhea eventually go away on it's own?
- on a prescription of rabeprazole (Sandoz 20 mg) and I needed a pain reliever for my neck so i took also advil. Not sure if this is okay
- I've had RA for 26 years. I was on Methotrexate for 24 of those years. I've tried Xeljanz for a month. Made me weak, nauseous, major headaches etc. Tried Enbrel, results not good. Humira, results were no effect or side effects, can't afford. However it seems Zyrtec seems to help my allergies and ...
- Been running a fever for 2 weeks now. Very high at first 104.4 but has dropped down to low grade since taking amoxicillin for a week. During day, no fever, but the low grade fever comes at night. I have a dull pain in my shoulder - possibly a muscle spasm, but it has started traveling down my ...
- Can I take Advil for pains and tenderness around pelvic area and stomach ( suspecting PID)
You may be interested in these reviews
- I had the weight loss surgery duodenal switch on Feb 20, 2003. I have a lot of nutrient deficiencies from that as well as having thyroid disease and gerd. I am looking to get healthy!
- Pls advise. I have been taking Xarelto for a couple of years and doing well on it. (20 m), I have developed a terribly painful back problem. The mds suggest taking Tylenol and codeine but it doesn't work; in order to assuage the pain I would have to take so much codeine that I wouldn't be ...
- I used zicam nasal spray for four days as instructed by manufacturer. I had to go to the emergency room because my nose wont stop bleeding. Its been bleeding for two days no just dripping out. I'm a healthy 36 year old male. This stuff should be banned.
- I took zicam for the 1st time last night I went to bed with a severe stomachache I woke up at 5 AM throwing up I took Zicam again at seven started to throw up again within 30 minutes it is now 1:00 PM and I still cannot keep anything down. I believe it might be from the Zicam.
- Hi my nephew took Trileptal and Advil together and almost seems high could anyone shed some light on this