Alcohol and Ibuprofen drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Alcohol and Ibuprofen together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Alcohol and Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 253 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 22, 2017
253 people who take Alcohol, Ibuprofen are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Alcohol and Ibuprofen?
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 6,419 users)
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 103,681 users)
Interactions between Alcohol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Ibuprofen and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Alcohol and Ibuprofena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Alcohol (alcohol) is often used to treat alcoholism. Ibuprofen (ibuprofen) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Alcohol is used in:
- Ibuprofen is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Hi, i was wondering does anyone else have notice that they cant really drink alot of alcohol even 1 or 2 can cause a severe hangover? Is this because of the syndrome? thanks.
- Hi I rarely drink but when I do the next day when I wake up I am really sick - vomit every 20 mins and also have to go to the toilet ! It's like my whole system shuts down and only12 hours later i will notice my stomach/ bowel making noises again and then I stop being sick. Is there anything I ...
- I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long, ...
- Aggravated Muscle weakness that keeps me up at night, could be the drugs. insomnia, anxiety in the morning, OCD.
- can intake antabuse & also sleep aids cause any problem?
You may be interested in these reviews
- After research I have started taking L-glutione and I still take ibuprofen as well.becaise I have AS. Just interested if this has goes anyone to the point of not having to take the ibuprophen any longer.
- HI I have been suffering from burning mouth syndrome for one year. I am trying to find the cause and the possibility of it ending...I took Ibuprofren for at least a month while I was having dental work, I had a rough root canal and a tooth pulled...after the root canal I started taking ...
- I often have episodes of dysphagia after drinking too much. I have been a moderate to heavy drinker for over 20 years. I worry about Barrett's Esophagus. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
- I have severed swollen upper eyelids worse in the morning. Anyone feel ibuprofen could be responsible?
- I have been taking Brufen for the last 2 month and have had some loss of taste for the last 4 weeks, (dose 1600mg day) I just wonder if this is to blame Ibuprofen for ?