Allopurinol and Grapefruit drug interactions - from FDA reports
There is no drug interactions reported by people who take Allopurinol and Grapefruit together yet. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Allopurinol and Grapefruit. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
No report is found.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Allopurinol and Grapefruit?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAllopurinol and Grapefruit from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Allopurinol has active ingredients of allopurinol. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from Allopurinol 85,974 users)
Grapefruit has active ingredients of grapefruit. (latest outcomes from Grapefruit 189 users)
Interactions between Allopurinol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Grapefruit and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Allopurinol and Grapefruita b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Allopurinol (allopurinol) is often used to treat gout. Grapefruit (grapefruit) is often used to treat acne. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Just started Allopurinol regime (300mg/day). Only noticeable side effect is slight pins and needles feeling in my hands and feet. Never experience numbness or any loss of feeling just this vague pins and needles. Doctor isn't too concerned and I have seen where new users may feel this. Just ...
- My wife and I take allopurinol for gout and have taken it for years. We are both experiencing papatations, My wife has Apnea could it all be related
- I started with double vision and my vision has got gradually worse to the point I can only see a few feet in front of me.
- It's odd. The type of chapped lips from the cold are different from the chapped lips associated with my gout. The main difference is that I still have feeling across my lips; whereas, the chapped lips associated with weather and cold can leave my lips without feeling. This is something I ...
- Recently developed frequent headaches and swelling in legs and ankles
User reviews to the study
- Whats your experience using allopurinol and impact on your sugar levels ? Does it raise it ? Does its impa t fade after 6 months ?
- I have been on 25mg carvedilol Twice a day for 5 years. For heart failure likely as result of chemo drug. I had a first time episode of gout a few days ago. Saw my Dr today and am starting on allopurin 10omg 1x /day for one week, then 200 mg 1x /day for 2,weeks and then 300mg 1x/ day Just ...
- I experienced severe panic attacks after taking allopurinol for about 2-3 months. Has anyone else had this problem?
- have been experiencing a severe burning and itchy skin sensation with one of my prescriptions, allopurinol. has anyone had a similar problem with allopurinol?
- I had been taking allopurinol for some time and then developed ulcerative colitis later. Does anyone share this history?