Alphagan and Hctz drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Alphagan and Hctz together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Alphagan and Hctz. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 21, 2017
28 people who take Alphagan, Hctz are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 6 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Alphagan and Hctz?
Alphagan has active ingredients of brimonidine tartrate. It is often used in glaucoma. (latest outcomes from Alphagan 5,853 users)
Hctz has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Hctz 10,467 users)
Interactions between Alphagan and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Hctz and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Alphagan and Hctza b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Alphagan (brimonidine tartrate) is often used to treat glaucoma. Hctz (hydrochlorothiazide) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Alphagan is used in:
- Hctz is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I want to lose some weight (about 40 pounds). I have essential hypertension, chronic kidney disease (no dialysis, no medication), and occasional gout for which I take Allopurinol. I have a new bottle of Garcinia Cambogia and want to know if it will have any adverse interaction with the drugs I ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I had the weight loss surgery duodenal switch on Feb 20, 2003. I have a lot of nutrient deficiencies from that as well as having thyroid disease and gerd. I am looking to get healthy!
- How long have you been using Alphagan eye drops. How soon into using did you experience tinnitus? Did you discontinue use of Alphagan eye drops? What drug replaced Alphagan with no tinnitus or ringing in ears? What other diagnosed medical conditions do you have?
- Hi I have taken wellbutrin for a very long time. It worked wonderful until menopause hit. When I take it with tiazac I feel spacey, can anyone relate
- I have had shingles for over two weeks, completed the anti-viral medication and was beginning to feel better. I started Alphagan eye drops for my glaucoma yesterday and found myself in terrible shingles pain by evening. I think the Alphagan exacerbated the shingles pain and am very hesitant to ...
- Suspect Alphagan has triggered anxiety, from which I have never suffered before. Would love to hear others' stories.