Alprazolam and Buspar drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Alprazolam and Buspar together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Alprazolam and Buspar. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 229 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 01, 2017
229 people who take Alprazolam, Buspar are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Alprazolam and Buspar?
Alprazolam has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alprazolam 60,650 users)
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Buspar 14,096 users)
Interactions between Alprazolam and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Buspar and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Alprazolam and Buspara b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Alprazolam (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Buspar (buspirone hydrochloride) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Alprazolam is used in:
- Buspar is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I have been on Buspar 5 mg twice daily for almost 2 weeks and it has helped but I'm still having moments of anxiety and my doc has said I can increase to 7.5 mg twice a day but I'm apprehensive that is could make the anxiety worse. I welcome any feedback. Thanks!
- Started with 20 mg of Latuda with dinner for a week with a little burning and tightness and sort of heat in my chest, and then I went up to 40 mg after a week or 8 days, hoping the symptoms would stop. After upping to 40mg, I started feeling rapid heart beat and extreme yawning as if I couldn't ...
- COPD recent diagnosis, Sleep Apnea - diagnosed about 8 yrs ago- use CPAP nightly, nasal allergies, recent back injury, 2 rotator cuff surgeries in the last 10 yrs, about 30 lbs. overweight, history of heart palpitations and arrithmias
- Hi. Can you take buspar aswell as taking subutex?..
- I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid and high blood pressure in July of 2012. Around October 2012 is when I first started noticing symptoms in my feet (shooting pain, tingling, numbness) I got my doctor to prescribe me lyrica (exact symptoms as commercials) which I took for about a year. ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- Experiencing an itchy and burning skin sensation with the prescriptions I am currently taking. Has anyone experienced this with Aprazolam? Would appreciate any feedback.
- Recently started taking Buspar for anxiety a few weeks ago, now I have had multiple instances where I get eyelid twitches. Atlfirst it was ny right upper lid, now today it is my left lower lid. I will probably discontinue the medication if it continues.
- My son is acutely psychotic after the death of his brother on 2/6/17. His brother and his girlfriend were killed by a drunk driver. They have been tried doxepin (that worked but made him sleepy) side effects that usually wear off after all he is exhausted from not sleeping. They switched him to ...
- I'm new here,I've been prescribed buspirone,even though I have low blood pressure! Anyone have an opinion on whether this is an unsafe combination? I'd also like to ask if it's worth taking for HIGH anxiety? ? My cortisol levels are high and I'm a miserable person right now!
- Been on Buspar for about 30 days at 5mg three times a day. AT first took it wrong was taking it every fours hours no one told me it should be spaced over 8 hours. I also have just come of Cymbalta now been 18 days. Feel a little hypomania like my real self is trying to emerge could this be ...