Ambien and Fentanyl drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Ambien and Fentanyl together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Ambien and Fentanyl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 437 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 16, 2017
437 people who take Ambien, Fentanyl are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Ambien and Fentanyl?
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Ambien 67,038 users)
Fentanyl has active ingredients of fentanyl. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Fentanyl 13,534 users)
Interactions between Ambien and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Fentanyl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Ambien and Fentanyla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used to treat insomnia. Fentanyl (fentanyl) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Ambien is used in:
- Fentanyl is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Has anyone read about or experienced a reduction in effectiveness of Ambien\zolpidem if taken at night at the same time as natural desiccated thyroid?
- I have been taking an Ambien for 10 years for pelvic pain . I am no longer allowed to take it is Is there anything else besides that helps?
- I'm a male that is almost 73 years old. I've been on Ambien for almost three months. About 20 days ago I started experiencing feeling hot in the head and shoulders. At first these hot feelings would start in the middle of the afternoon and end in the early evening. But now they sometimes start ...
- So my dentist said that fentanyl does cause tooth decay and a rapid Pace I take 25 microgram patches I've never abused them and brush my teeth twice a day does anybody know if my dentist is full of it or is there any type of class action lawsuit out there that somebody filed with the same ...
- Tremors, eye twitching, hypotension, cognitive problems, poor sleep, pill rolling,
You may be interested in these reviews
- My mom is 81 and just started fentanyl patch. She is so embarrassed with short term memory loss that she doesn't want to go out in public.
- Hi, I have been on Fentanyl for about 5 years, recently my doctor upped the dosage, I noticed my shortness of breath got much worse, my dr prescribed Xanax because he thought the shortness of breath was from anxiety and stress but now I see that when combined with the Fentanyl it might cause ...
- After a few weeks od taking Ambian, my heart started racing after i took it so back to square 1, cant sleep any suggestions?
- Been on Ambien for a few years, as it helps with rotating shifts. Starting Chantix on Monday, wish me luck.
- Hi Joining because I'm wondering if anyone gets so sleepy that it feels like your coming out of coma? Doc sending me for a sleep study but this 3 days of tired every week is,too much. Hate Mtx.