Amitriptyline hydrochloride and Cymbalta drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and Cymbalta together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Amitriptyline hydrochloride and Cymbalta. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 116 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 04, 2017
116 people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride, Cymbalta are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and Cymbalta?
Amitriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Amitriptyline hydrochloride 8,711 users)
Cymbalta has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Cymbalta 98,175 users)
Interactions between Amitriptyline hydrochloride and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Cymbalta and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Amitriptyline hydrochloride and Cymbaltaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Amitriptyline hydrochloride (amitriptyline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Amitriptyline hydrochloride is used in:
- Cymbalta is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I take cymbalta. When I lie down, there is a burning sensation from my knees down to the ankles. One leg hurts more than the other. The discomfort makes it hard to sleep. Is there anything that helps?
- A bad fall in 2006. Required pain management MRIS, numerous tests and a cervical and lumbar surgery in 2007 to correct. Two Rear end car accidents while I was at a stop light. One in 2011 and one in 2015. I already had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc desease genetically passed on. Problems ...
- I need to who can help
- I've been on Cymbalta for eight+ years. I've complained to doctors, recently and previously, about pain in my mid upper abdomen. I've had two ultrasounds, some sort of other test where I drank some liquid and they watched with some sort of ???, and now I'm scheduled for an endoscopy. I'm ...
- Has anyone else been diagnosed with Wet macular Degeneration after taking Cymbalta?
You may be interested in these reviews
- I have been taking amitriptyline for 10 years as a muscle relaxant following back surgery; 10 mg at night. I had noticed curious differences in my eyes over the past few years with some cloudyness (which a bit of blinking removes) and last year my annual eyesight test showed that my eye ...
- I suffer from back and leg pain which remains even after spine surgery to fix the compressed nerves in the lumbar spine. I have taken Triazolam for chronic insomnia for about 15 years, no increase in dose, no side effects and it works. For the ongoing hard to treat pain, doc recently prescribed ...
- I just started Cymbalta 10 days ago and for the past few days my heart rate has been going down as low as 37 bpm. I'm extremely fatigued and having chest pains. I want to know if others have bad similar experiences.
- I'm on 60mg of duloxetine and suffer with migraines every two to three weeks. They last about three days and are very debilitating. My doctor prescribed me naratriptan but I've seen the two drugs don't interact well. I have only taken one naratriptan (which did work) and found I was feeling very ...
- I took cymbalta for years then quit for a few years. I recently started again (took `60 mg for one month and have jitters so bad I can hardly drive. I quit after 1 mo. but jitters persist. I'm a 71 yo old wf.