Amitriptyline hydrochloride and Zanaflex drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and Zanaflex together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Amitriptyline hydrochloride and Zanaflex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 17, 2017
26 people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride, Zanaflex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and Zanaflex?
Amitriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Amitriptyline hydrochloride 8,711 users)
Zanaflex has active ingredients of tizanidine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from Zanaflex 11,162 users)
Interactions between Amitriptyline hydrochloride and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Zanaflex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Amitriptyline hydrochloride and Zanaflexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Amitriptyline hydrochloride (amitriptyline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Zanaflex (tizanidine hydrochloride) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Amitriptyline hydrochloride is used in:
- Zanaflex is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I have been on amitriptyline for one month to treat paraesthesia... It has cured some how but not completely...but i dont want to continue it because of danger of artrial fibrillations ..so should i stop or continue?
- when i start falling asleep i feel like im dreaming and awake at the same time. I feel like i;m thrashing and something is holding me down. This started when i began taking the antabuse with the amitriptyline. I wake up very early and am exhausted. Iwonder if this is a bad combination
- I think I have serotonin syndrome which brought on a multiple sclerosis relapse only the doctor doesn't think so. I was diagnosed with MS Jan 2008 and had a relapse a month or two later. I haven't had one since until now. I eat healthy and exercise (I cycle and swim, nothing to strenuous)and ...
- I take zanaflex and remron at bedtime. after falling asleep I am awaken to severe ligament, tendon and muscle spasms. all my doctors are confused what is going on with me. I am trying to figure this out myself. I was wondering if I have serotonin syndrome going on. I have had this in the past ...
- I am a 50 year old teacher. I used to spend 25% of my time looking for lost items, now it is 75%! Last November I was deathly ill and was told my pancreatic duct and common bile duct were dilated, pancreas full in head and unusually shaped. My differential diagnosis is autoimmune pancreatitis. ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I'm fighting stomach and bone cancer always alone and scared. I wish you I could find the girl of dress that just loving caring and loyal.
- I've been on Zanaflex since '09...I constant hallucinate if it's dark in the home. I once drove in the early morning around 0600 & it kicked in & I got nailed by the Police & because I'm the mother of a Ok Tpr I didnt go to jail. But, I was bitching at them for not doing Cpr on woman not ...
- Just combed a clump of hair out of my head. Started taking Zanaflex regularly for the last 3 weeks from muscle spasms. And just looked up the relationship with hairloss I might just have to quit taking this drug I love my hair.
- I take Amnitriptylene now for a year and I am constipated I have bloating of the stomach and it's full of gas should I stop taking this medication to get my life back on track?
- Help?? I have to go back to work in a few days and I am wetting myself at least once a day. I just made the connection today...grrrr!!!