Amlodipine besylate and Bactrim ds drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Amlodipine besylate and Bactrim ds together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Amlodipine besylate and Bactrim ds. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,887 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 07, 2017
3,887 people who take Amlodipine besylate, Bactrim ds are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Amlodipine besylate and Bactrim ds?
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Amlodipine besylate 25,406 users)
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim ds 9,107 users)
Interactions between Amlodipine besylate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Bactrim ds and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Amlodipine besylate and Bactrim dsa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Amlodipine besylate (amlodipine besylate) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Bactrim ds (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim) is often used to treat urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effecitve is it:
- Amlodipine besylate is used in:
- Bactrim ds is used in:
Can you answer these questions?
- I was given Isosorbride Mononitrate and Amlodipine Besylate and was told by my cardiologist they could be taken together. Is there anyone else taking these two meds together?
- Hot flashes any time of day. Cold hands and feet. Arthritis in hands feet. Joint discomfort
- I have just been prescribed Amlodipine Besylate for high blood pressure.I am also taking Turmeric which I find extremely helpful.Would Tumeric interact with the efficacy of this drug?.i am 80 years old.
- I have been a diabetic type 2 for almost 12 years. As time goes by I suffered a heart attack and a stroke therefore all the medications listed. Recently, I noticed an pain in the leg accompamied by extreme muscle stiffness on the feet
- Doctors agree that I should not take all three medicines at the same time (amlodipine, atenolol and Flowmax) but disagree on when to take each of them (Morning, Noon, Night). I also drink coffee or tea in the morning and occasional cocktail at 5-7 PM. How do most people take these medicines with ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- Hi New to group. I take Amlodopine 5mg for high blood pressure and have read about taking garlic capsules in addition. I have a blocked carotyd artery which i think is the cause of the hypertension. I have almost continual headaches because of the blocked artery and so want to try what I can ...
- I am on 10mg amlodipine tablets for high blood pressure. I also take 3tbs home made applecider vinegar home made with 'the mother" in a glass of warm water every day. Please, does anyone know of any contra-indications between these rwo substances? Thanks K
- I was diagnosed with high blood pressure in 2010. After the diagnosis, I started walking. I would walk 5 miles a day, 4 or 5 times a week. I did the most amazing hike in Zion National Park on my birthday in 2013. In early 2014 I was put on Amlodipine and by my birthday that year, I was no longer ...
- Glad to see others are having the same issues I am experiencing. Stated amlodipine a couple of years ago and started noticing light headiness and dizziness almost immediately. Since then have progressed (over 1 1/2 year) to full blown ataxia - balance issues, etc. Have stopped the med ...
- Started taking amlodipine for high blood pressure approx 6 months ago. AFib symptoms started 1-2 months later. Didn't know it was AFib but thought it was a side effect of the drug. Came off amlodipine and symptoms initially subsided after 2 weeks. However gradually returned and have now been ...