Amlodipine and Simvastatin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Amlodipine and Simvastatin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Amlodipine and Simvastatin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,739 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 06, 2017
10,739 people who take Amlodipine, Simvastatin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Amlodipine and Simvastatin?
Amlodipine has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Amlodipine 110,392 users)
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Simvastatin 144,725 users)
Interactions between Amlodipine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Simvastatin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Amlodipine and Simvastatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Amlodipine (amlodipine besylate) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Simvastatin (simvastatin) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Amlodipine is used in:
- Simvastatin is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- My husband began taking amlodipine after he had raised blood pressure due to a blocked bladder. Since beginning about 5 weeks ago, he has developed tics which have become quite severe. He dropped the dose to 2.5 mg twice daily. His blood pressure has been consistently around 120/75. Has ...
- Has anyone experienced shaking leg while taking Simvastatin?
- 9.7 % eosinophils blood percentage (relative) Have gerd and ibs and I take cholesterol med and metoprolol from heart...worried about elevated wbc
- Is it safe to take garcinia cambogia if you are taking simvastatin ? Thank you
- A bad fall in 2006. Required pain management MRIS, numerous tests and a cervical and lumbar surgery in 2007 to correct. Two Rear end car accidents while I was at a stop light. One in 2011 and one in 2015. I already had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc desease genetically passed on. Problems ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- Hi, I was on amlodopine for blood pressure reduction and now have oedema in one leg and cellulitis, which seems to be made worse by the swelling. Getting fed up with it!
- I am 57 yo MaleI just started taking Amlodipine for high blood pressure and i want to continue use of Nugenix for my wowrkouts, any suggestions
- 33 male, Toronto Canada Started taking amlodipine 8 months ago along with Chlorthalidone to treat high blood pressure. Dosage was upped 3 months ago from 1 pill to 1 1/2 pills daily (7.5mg) 2 months later diagnosed with "viral" pleurisy, unable to nail down why fluid is collecting under my ...
- I been taking simvastatin 40 mg for aprox 3 yrs. Have very bad ear ringing. It seems as if i am loosing my hearing . I cant hear people tgat yalk in low piych tone of voice.
- I have taken 80 mg. of Simvastatin since my open heart surgery in 2001. My rectal bleeding started 1 1/2 years ago when a Doctor prescribed Naproxen - that was followed by massive rectal hemorrhaging. My Doctor immediately stopped use of Naproxen, all aspirin and Simvastatin, and the bleeding ...