Amoxicillin and Grapefruit drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Amoxicillin and Grapefruit together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Amoxicillin and Grapefruit. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 35,865 users)
Grapefruit has active ingredients of grapefruit. (latest outcomes from Grapefruit 171 users)
On Jan, 26, 2017
2 people who take Amoxicillin, Grapefruit are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
- chronic sinusitis
- herpes zoster
- lung infection
- weight increased
Most common drug interactions by age *:
- herpes zoster
- weight increased
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Amoxicillin and Grapefruit?
Interactions between Amoxicillin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Grapefruit and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is often used to treat helicobacter infection. Grapefruit (grapefruit) is often used to treat acne. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effecitve is it:
Can you answer these questions?
- Been running a fever for 2 weeks now. Very high at first 104.4 but has dropped down to low grade since taking amoxicillin for a week. During day, no fever, but the low grade fever comes at night. I have a dull pain in my shoulder - possibly a muscle spasm, but it has started traveling down my ...
- Are there interactions taking amoxicillin (infected tooth) With carbadopa- levodopa (Parkinson's disease),together?
- Is it safe to mix children's mucinex night time and delsym dm?
- Currently I have a nasty sinius infection. Doc.put me amoxicillin. Now have a gout flair in both big toes. Looking for some connection. Gout in both big toes is a first for me, thanks,
- Is this normal? I have been taking amoxicillin for 6 days. While taking it I have been experiencing nausea, headache, and a metallic taste in my mouth. The doctor advised me to take acidopholis in conjuncture with the antibiotic. This combination (and a banana) caused me to vomit for the first ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- Probably my worst sleep experience ever. The first night on amoxicillin I went to bed around 3AM and the first nightmare ended in what I thought was sleep paralysis, but instead I got ripped back to the original nightmare scenario I thought I'd woken up from and surprise, surprise, I feel myself ...
- I went to the hospital on the 9th day of a 10 day supply of Amoxicillin with chest pains and had to have a stent. Last year same thing and 3 years ago I had 2 stents in my leg artery. After seeing this group I know I am not alone.
- I have previously been diagnosed with diverticulosis in 2012. I was recently prescribed Amoxicillin for a sinus infection in 2016. I am a white male 53. On my 3rd day of 500mg Bid pill #5, I arrived at work and felt I needed to make a bowel movement. To my surprise instead of a bowel I ...
- I have been taking antibiotics for various infections and everytime I tell the doctor I am having short term memory loss they tell me I am crazy. I need this group.
- Hi, Would be very interested to hear of the experiences of others in this group. I would say that my quality of life is about half of what it was, with everything being twice as hard to do now. I was given a wrong prescription even after reminding my dentist of a previous allergic reaction ...