Arava and Rituxan drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Arava and Rituxan together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Arava and Rituxan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 836 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 18, 2017
836 people who take Arava, Rituxan are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Arava and Rituxan?
Arava has active ingredients of leflunomide. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Arava 24,930 users)
Rituxan has active ingredients of rituximab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Rituxan 20,574 users)
Interactions between Arava and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Rituxan and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Arava and Rituxana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Arava (leflunomide) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Rituxan (rituximab) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Arava is used in:
- Rituxan is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I am 50 years old and have been on rituxan for 8 months with 4 treatments so far. Last night I was diagnosed with diverticulitis at the er. I am interested in hearing other people's experiences and what they are doing for preventative steps to avoid future episodes of diverticulitis.
- this was a recurrence after treatment 33 years ago with no problems
- I was recently switched to Leflunomide from Methotrexate for my RA. Soon after that, amphetamine levels were found in my urine (protocol with my Pain Mn doctor for patients to get drug screened). I had no idea why this was the case until I went online to this site & saw that this had happened to ...
- I have Lupus/Rheumatoid Arthritis and my consultant recommended I take two courses of rituximab. The first infusion was in early June with he second at the end of June. All seemed fine until October when my period failed to show up and hasn't thus far - any one else experience the same?
- Am what they call a wine sampler a sip here a sip there, buy the end of the night it's about a glass of wine. On October 19 I received my first infusion of rituxan / and the second November 02 . Is it safe now . Or should I stick to water . Am not a big drinker but like to taste on the holidays .
You may be interested in these reviews
- I am,taking rituxin infusion for polymyositus. I just completed by second course of two infusions. My blood sugar is thru the roof stayin the 200 range for several days. I am not on insulin. Normal run 110 to 160 after meals. Has anyone else seen this result and does it go down?
- My dad has been taking rituxan for 4 months. Has had severe diarrhea and lost over 70 pounds. Worried. Anyone have suggestions on how he can get some relief
- I just found this website. Hopefully I can get some answers I can't find on the internet nor from my prescribing Dr.
- I had my second infusion on 4/12 and Thursday I got a rash all over my body. The rash is very uncomfortable and Benadryl, cool showers, and cold compresses does not help. Does anyone have a good treatment?
- I am taking Arava 20 mg daily and perdneson 5 mg 2 tablets daily for last 18 months. Recently my increase my dose of prednisone 5 mg 4 tablets once a daily I have a serious issue with me I feel numbness in my lower portion legs knees and back. Some time I also feel dizzy ness in head. Feel ...