Aricept and Namenda drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Aricept and Namenda together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Aricept and Namenda. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,757 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 23, 2017
2,757 people who take Aricept, Namenda are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Aricept and Namenda?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAricept and Namenda from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Aricept has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in alzheimer's disease. (latest outcomes from Aricept 19,642 users)
Namenda has active ingredients of memantine hydrochloride. It is often used in dementia. (latest outcomes from Namenda 10,383 users)
Interactions between Aricept and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Namenda and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Aricept and Namendaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Aricept (donepezil hydrochloride) is often used to treat dementia alzheimer's type. Namenda (memantine hydrochloride) is often used to treat dementia alzheimer's type. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Aricept is used in:
- Namenda is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Hi All, A stroke in 2008 has left tone/spasticity in my right elbow and ankle. A neighbor also suffered a stroke that left him with severe tone as well but his neurologist prescribed Namenda and this has relieved almost all of his muscle issues, he has nearly complete mobility. Has anyone ...
- patient diagnosed with alzheimers since 2004.she recently developed the awake bruxism. I just began giving her 10 mg of buspirone. it appears to be somewhat effective but not quite as I expected. from reading I've seen that galatamine helps.
User reviews to the study
- I had dystonia before I started taking NAMENDA. They have not increased. The opposite is true. My dystonia is caused from hypoxia: lack of oxygen to the brain due to an accident.
- I've taken Namenda for the past 6 weeks and donepisil for about 10 weeks. Recently discovered blood in my urine. Interested inh this group.
- Just 2+ weeks ago, the doctor prescribed my 91 year old Dad prescribed 20 mg of Fluoxetine and now the doctor is prescribing 10 mg of Donepezil. All my Dad does is sleep and we are going to try switching the Fluoxetine to PM (instead of AM). I don't want my Dad to start taking the newly ...
- I have taken Keppra for several years now. I have just added Aricept and feel like I am having a reaction. I took Aricept for a very short time several years ago before I was taking Keppra and did not have interactions. Anyone else have an issue with Keppra and Aricept
- I have mild cognitive impairment and have been using cbd capsules 2 times during the day and THC capsule at night. That has been working for quite a while, but feel the fog getting worse. I want to add Aricept in addition to the cbd & thc. Does anyone know if there are any reactions between ...