Aspirin and Metformin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Aspirin and Metformin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Aspirin and Metformin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,723 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
28,723 people who take Aspirin, Metformin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Aspirin and Metformin?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAspirin and Metformin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Aspirin 317,734 users)
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 206,746 users)
Interactions between Aspirin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Metformin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Aspirin and Metformina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Aspirin (aspirin) is often used to treat prophylaxis. Metformin (metformin hydrochloride) is often used to treat diabetes. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Aspirin is used in:
- Metformin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have been taking 75mg of Aspirin since my heart attack on the 6th December 2016. I have had pain on swallowing for three months, I changed from dispersable to enteric coated a month ago, at first that was fine but now the pain has returned. The only other drug I am is Ticagrelor with ends in ...
- How does the reaction differ when metformin is used to treat polycystic ovarian syndrome?
- I have frequent headaches so I was wondering how can I stop taking aspirin without having headaches?
- My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
- 10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
User reviews to the study
- Please welcome Mr Salomo as I would like to work with you day to day regarding the use of moringa and aspirin thank you.
- hello i was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and have been on Metformin 500 mg for a month already and I also take Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg and lately i have been experiencing a lot of stomach problems, diarrhea and nausea. could it be the med? Just checking if its normal. that's all. ...
- Combination working for you? Had good results with Garcinia and went off it when I started taking Metformin. What to try again.. good move or not?
- I am losing my toes one at at a time. wondering if it is because of the use of metformin and glipizide.I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
- My lab work recently indicated that my carbon dioxide level is 32. I am diabetic (since 2006) and taking 500 milligrams of metformin daily.