Atripla and Benadryl drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Atripla and Benadryl together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Atripla and Benadryl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 28, 2017
24 people who take Atripla, Benadryl are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 6 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Atripla and Benadryl?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAtripla and Benadryl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Atripla has active ingredients of efavirenz; emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from Atripla 4,842 users)
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 49,081 users)
Interactions between Atripla and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Benadryl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Atripla and Benadryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Atripla (efavirenz; emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate) is often used to treat hiv infection. Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Atripla is used in:
- Benadryl is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Honestly I will never take this pill ever again. I wish I could say I only felt drowsy . At first I did and then I started getting these really sad and depressive thoughts and I know it's the pill because I had a great day. I start crying for no reason . My boyfriend asked me what was wrong and ...
- will there be an adverse affect of giving an agitated pt. Ritalin and Benadryl together
- Been take atripla for 10 yrs. After moving fom Florida to Texas 7 yrs ago I have had gradual loss of appetite. Now 7 yrs later I'm noticing the problem....what to do, atripla has had me undetectable for ten years don't really want to switch meds, don't know if it's the meds or move?
- I had cough, runny nose and slight fever a week back. So after 2 days I took Benadryl. One day after taking Benadryl I noticed loss of smell and most of the taste (can't notice much other than sweet......I don't notice even very spicy food now.) Since 3 days I am trying steam, salt water ...
- I took them together and I want to know is that why I'm having diarrhea.
User reviews to the study
- Should you take Benadryl for an allergy when you have multiple pulmonary embolisms, pulmonary hypertension, I am now on 24 hour oxygen as of Tuesday, May 23, the right chamber of my heart is markedly enlarged and a history of of other heart issues i.e., stent placement in the LAD and ...
- I have been taking Benadryl for several years for allergy. I also have taken large doses of it over a few years when I had anaphylactic shock from a cancer pill. After getting off the cancer pill, it took a few years to get over the severe allergic reactions. It was during this time that my ...
- Hi, I just found out I have cataracts. I'm 54 on atripla. Hopefully looking to find out if there are things other people might have done to successfully slow down or reverses this. I'm a little freaked out that there actually is a group for this, but I guess hey .....we are not alone.
- Everytime I take benadryl.. I bleed! I have a birth control rod in my arm just replaced about 7mths ago so going on 4yrs on this type of b.c. guess I should not take benadryl. They have no warning about bleeding while on birth control on the package but should be making America aware by labels!!
- Anybody know if benadryl is rough on the endocrine system? I have issues with an adrenal gland but I cannot find any information about this! It helps me get restful sleep but I'm a bit worried about trying to use this long term!