Avodart and Saw palmetto drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Avodart and Saw palmetto together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Avodart and Saw palmetto. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 70 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
70 people who take Avodart, Saw palmetto are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Avodart and Saw palmetto?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAvodart and Saw palmetto from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Avodart has active ingredients of dutasteride. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. (latest outcomes from Avodart 12,619 users)
Saw palmetto has active ingredients of saw palmetto. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. (latest outcomes from Saw palmetto 1,893 users)
Interactions between Avodart and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Saw palmetto and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Avodart and Saw palmettoa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Avodart (dutasteride) is often used to treat enlarged prostate. Saw palmetto (saw palmetto) is often used to treat prostatic disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Avodart is used in:
- Saw palmetto is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- A year and 6 months ago I was suffering from severe hairloss, my hair line was receding drastically and I lost so much hair, I tried treating it naturally but nothing seemed to be working, I just couldn't let my self go bald for various reasons. I decided to take avodart around the age of 20 ...
- i am 40 year old male taking Baclofen for muscle pain, avodart for hair loss and Olmetic for moderate high blood pressure issues. Over the last two years my fingernails (thumb and index finger on both hands) and big toe nails have become brittle and are splitting and thumb nails are concave in ...
- Then two years having saw palmeto for hairloss, now may right eye es very dry,. Is reversible. Thanks.
- Using Avodart and Augmentin '875' together about a week whether or not to have drug interactions ?
- My husband's Lewy Body dementia is still at the mild stage. Right now the fatigue, disorientation, hallucinations are manageable. He would like to do something about the swollen ankles but find it imposibl to put on compression stockings. We are looking for alternatives.
User reviews to the study
- I took xarelto because of blood clot in my lung in 2014 but also I got a prostage enlarged then my doctor gave me proscar but I got terrible side effects: 100% decrease my sex life..no perm when sex...and more things occur on me... By these above reasons I would like to change to herbal ...
- Thanks for everybody's input. Has anybody successfully replaced saw palmetto with B-sitosterol, without any need for any other supplement or medication?
- I am 40 years of age and i have been on Avodart for nearly a year. I have been unable to maintain an erection and also priapism occasionally. Lack of ejaculation and when i do it's painful. The amount is also minimal and it must be going somewhere. I am begining to think the side effects are not ...
- I have been taking Dutasteride for my severely enlarged prostate and have been experiencing enlarged breasts. Because of the increasing size and weight of my breasts it has become uncomfortable especially during physical activity. Does anyone know if the breasts continue to enlarge as long as I ...
- hi, how are you every one .plz tell me can i take saw palmetto with R.A positive. im using it for hair lose.but i have inflamed knee joint. plz suggest