Bactrim and Bacitracin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Bactrim and Bacitracin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Bactrim and Bacitracin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 13, 2017
40 people who take Bactrim, Bacitracin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Bactrim and Bacitracin?
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim 43,268 users)
Bacitracin has active ingredients of bacitracin. (latest outcomes from Bacitracin 878 users)
Interactions between Bactrim and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Bacitracin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Bactrim and Bacitracina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim) is often used to treat preventive health care. Bacitracin (bacitracin) is often used to treat eye infection. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Could this cause a decrease of GFR and elevated creatinine? Hemolysis index was also elevated. I was only on Bactrim 2 days and used to be able to tolerate it. This time I was in the ER because of shakiness, dizziness, poor cognition. They found my GFR was 48 - one month ago it was normal. ...
- I am 27 and have been on Bactrim for about 7 weeks due to a Staph Infection after a Felon in my finger. I have lost 25lbs in this time and it is starting to worry me. I haven't weighed 175lb since the 7th grade. Anyone have any insight or experiences like this on Bactrim?
- I am suffering from short term memory loss after taking the antibiotic Bactrim. When I tell my doctor about the systems they tell me I do not know what I am talking about. As anyone had the same happen?
- I've been taking Bactrim for 1 week. 5th day. I had irregular and fast heartbeat, tiredness, dizziness. I stopped taking it 2 day. Still have the symptom. What do I have to do? Will it go away? Thanks.
- If I have a butterfly rash (mild) from Bactrim, is it an allergic reaction? Is it necessary to stop taking Bactria?
You may be interested in these reviews
- I just realized on Monday that Bactrim is the reason for my encephalitis. I would like to file a law suit but it seems to statute of limitations is up. With a brain injury as severe as mine that doesn't seem right Especially when I had not put the tow together until Monday.
- Hi, my husband who is 73 years old is taking predisone for ITP and autoimmune hemolytic anemia since October 31, 2016 one tab 3 times a week. On January 7, 2017 he developed Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis. They think the vasculitis may have been brought on by the Bactrim. The hematologist is ...
- What side effects should I be aware of taking Methotextrate and Bactrim. Starting today adding Bactrim
- I took Bactrim for less than a week back in mid November 2016. Its now about 3 months later. Experienced a whole host of sympoms not unlike MS. Brain MRI came back clear as did blood work and test for Lyme. The parastesias, loss of sensation throughout my whole body, depression and constipation ...
- Hi! Every one. I take 100mg lamotragin mor and night, I recentle was given Bactrim and an anti inflammotry, Day later I started feeling weak and shake. Next day I was a mess. Could not pick and thing up, then eventually I couldn't stand, just no strength and very anxious. Ended up in ...