Bactrim and Probiotic drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Bactrim and Probiotic together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Bactrim and Probiotic. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 114 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
114 people who take Bactrim, Probiotic are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Bactrim and Probiotic?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBactrim and Probiotic from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim 44,575 users)
Probiotic has active ingredients of bacillus coagulans. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from Probiotic 8,289 users)
Interactions between Bactrim and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Probiotic and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Bactrim and Probiotica b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim) is often used to treat prophylaxis. Probiotic (bacillus coagulans) is often used to treat supplementation therapy. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Bactrim is used in:
- Probiotic is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Does the reaction I had to Bactrim (panic attacks, anxiety, fatigue, crying) mean I have a sulfa allergy?
- I have been using a good probiotic with digestive enzymes to help me with digestion and gas which seem to work fine- but now have terrible tinnitus in one ear- I also take a low dose anti depressive to sleep better called Seroquel- weening off that drug but tinnitus still bad- I guess I will ...
- Could this cause a decrease of GFR and elevated creatinine? Hemolysis index was also elevated. I was only on Bactrim 2 days and used to be able to tolerate it. This time I was in the ER because of shakiness, dizziness, poor cognition. They found my GFR was 48 - one month ago it was normal. ...
- I am 27 and have been on Bactrim for about 7 weeks due to a Staph Infection after a Felon in my finger. I have lost 25lbs in this time and it is starting to worry me. I haven't weighed 175lb since the 7th grade. Anyone have any insight or experiences like this on Bactrim?
- I am suffering from short term memory loss after taking the antibiotic Bactrim. When I tell my doctor about the systems they tell me I do not know what I am talking about. As anyone had the same happen?
User reviews to the study
- Developed pulsating tinnitus in one ear- I thought from taking low dose seroquel ( to sleep) for a year. I am 69 years old and have perfect hearing according to the doctor- I was also taking different probiotics and digestive enzymes to help with gas and digestion issues- when I stopped the ...
- I am trying to decide to keep taking or not, taking the full recommend dose of Pro-15 causes seizures, so I stopped for two weeks, and going to try half the amount, only one pill in the evening with a meal.
- I just realized on Monday that Bactrim is the reason for my encephalitis. I would like to file a law suit but it seems to statute of limitations is up. With a brain injury as severe as mine that doesn't seem right Especially when I had not put the tow together until Monday.
- Hi, my husband who is 73 years old is taking predisone for ITP and autoimmune hemolytic anemia since October 31, 2016 one tab 3 times a week. On January 7, 2017 he developed Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis. They think the vasculitis may have been brought on by the Bactrim. The hematologist is ...
- What side effects should I be aware of taking Methotextrate and Bactrim. Starting today adding Bactrim