Bactrim and Tramadol drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Bactrim and Tramadol together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Bactrim and Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 885 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
885 people who take Bactrim, Tramadol are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Bactrim and Tramadol?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBactrim and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim 44,575 users)
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,456 users)
Interactions between Bactrim and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Tramadol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Bactrim and Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim) is often used to treat prophylaxis. Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Bactrim is used in:
- Tramadol is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Does the reaction I had to Bactrim (panic attacks, anxiety, fatigue, crying) mean I have a sulfa allergy?
- Has anyone taking long term tramadol tried turmeric supplements? I wonder if bad interactions exist between those two
- Hello, how long after you get off of Tramadol until your sperm count is back to normal?
- Hi, is anyone else in this group or have experience with this with their partner? I am experiencing this issue
- Could this cause a decrease of GFR and elevated creatinine? Hemolysis index was also elevated. I was only on Bactrim 2 days and used to be able to tolerate it. This time I was in the ER because of shakiness, dizziness, poor cognition. They found my GFR was 48 - one month ago it was normal. ...
User reviews to the study
- I've used tramadol 50 at 2x4 daily for a few years now my teeth keep chipping and breaking. What to do I have no insurance for teeth and use the VA
- How do I get rid of the acne and manage my pain. I have had 13 Dots and 2 PE. Which causes me to have post thrombotic syndrome very painful . I will be 50 in a few weeks and I never had acne.
- How do I get rid of the acne and manage my pain. I have had 13 Dots and 2 PE. Which causes me to have post thrombotic syndrome very painful
- Hi! I just found this group and I am so happy. I have been taking tramadol for almost 7 years. For the last 8 or 9 months I have been losing the strength in my legs and hands. If I switch medications will I regain some of the strength or is it gone forever??
- Hi, I'm on here looking for anyone who has similar symptoms as my 79 year old mum. She's been taking tramadol for 8 years (50mg twice daily). She has currently been diagnosed with breast cancer and I wanted to try to understand if the extreme fatigue she is experiencing is due to the tramadol ...