Benadryl and Meloxicam drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Benadryl and Meloxicam together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Benadryl and Meloxicam. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 320 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
320 people who take Benadryl, Meloxicam are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Benadryl and Meloxicam?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBenadryl and Meloxicam from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 49,081 users)
Meloxicam has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Meloxicam 25,397 users)
Interactions between Benadryl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Meloxicam and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Benadryl and Meloxicama b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Meloxicam (meloxicam) is often used to treat arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Benadryl is used in:
- Meloxicam is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Honestly I will never take this pill ever again. I wish I could say I only felt drowsy . At first I did and then I started getting these really sad and depressive thoughts and I know it's the pill because I had a great day. I start crying for no reason . My boyfriend asked me what was wrong and ...
- will there be an adverse affect of giving an agitated pt. Ritalin and Benadryl together
- I started taking Meloxicam for arthritis. I took it for 1 1/2 weeks and noticed significant shortness of breath along with extreme fatigue and jaw pain. I stopped taking it immediately after looking up the side effects. My fatigue and jaw pain have gone away, but the shortness of breath ...
- Hi, I was prescribed meloxicam for my tailbone pain. I took one 7.5mg dose and that gave me the worst panic attack. I am not taking it anymore but i still feel very anxious and I am not myself anymore. It has been 5 days since i took the dose. Will this take time to go away? Do I need any ...
- I had cough, runny nose and slight fever a week back. So after 2 days I took Benadryl. One day after taking Benadryl I noticed loss of smell and most of the taste (can't notice much other than sweet......I don't notice even very spicy food now.) Since 3 days I am trying steam, salt water ...
User reviews to the study
- My husband has PBC and was diagnosed 20 years ago and as far as we know, it has not progressed. I was just wondering what effect Meloxicam would or could have on his liver if he asked his doctor to be put on it for his joint pain? Any info would truly be appreciated! Thank you
- I really want to drive, is there any type of medication to counteract the side effects that cause impairment in driving?
- Should you take Benadryl for an allergy when you have multiple pulmonary embolisms, pulmonary hypertension, I am now on 24 hour oxygen as of Tuesday, May 23, the right chamber of my heart is markedly enlarged and a history of of other heart issues i.e., stent placement in the LAD and ...
- I have been taking Benadryl for several years for allergy. I also have taken large doses of it over a few years when I had anaphylactic shock from a cancer pill. After getting off the cancer pill, it took a few years to get over the severe allergic reactions. It was during this time that my ...
- Last week I had surgery for a ruptured tendon in my lower left leg. I've taken Meloxicam for several years. From what I've read there seems to be others with this problem. I want to know why this wasn't listed as a side effect of this drug.