Bentyl and Pepcid drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Bentyl and Pepcid together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Bentyl and Pepcid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 221 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 24, 2017
221 people who take Bentyl, Pepcid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Bentyl and Pepcid?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBentyl and Pepcid from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Bentyl has active ingredients of dicyclomine hydrochloride. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from Bentyl 6,649 users)
Pepcid has active ingredients of famotidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Pepcid 30,159 users)
Interactions between Bentyl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Pepcid and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Bentyl and Pepcida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Bentyl (dicyclomine hydrochloride) is often used to treat irritable bowel syndrome. Pepcid (famotidine) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Bentyl is used in:
- Pepcid is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I'm trying to find out what type of interactions there could be between these two meds. I can't seem to find anything but the nurse told me that I shouldn't take my bentyl while on the antibiotic. Does anyone have any info about this? Thanks
- If I already have bad anxiety/panic attacks will this medication make it worse? They prescribed me Famotidine 40 mg..should I take it?
- I want to probiotics rather then Pepsid need to know if that is ok
- Hello Everybody ! This is the part of my day of which I'm feeling much better ! Thusly, I would not feel up to sharing and I ust say that I have a loving feeling as this is my first club ! Now, the bad part. My Dr told me as I was leaving the hospital a couple months back, and as I yelled to ...
User reviews to the study
- I had the weight loss surgery duodenal switch on Feb 20, 2003. I have a lot of nutrient deficiencies from that as well as having thyroid disease and gerd. I am looking to get healthy!
- I've been taking lactulose 45 milliliters for almost a week and I'm having horrible abdominal pain I want to take Bentyl for that pain and I'm going to suggest my doctor give it to me. Is it safe to take with lactulose and is it commonly prescribed together?
- I am starting 10mg Dicyclomine capsules, i'm also insulin diabetic...I have been in pain , in and out of emergency room twice...ct scan barium...everything good...but I have had two strokes and one seizure all 20 years ago, and been on Carbamzepine ever since...Being a diabetic really ...
- I have my blood glucose under control 125-130 fasting (7 AM) Yesterday my wife gave me a Pepcid 150 at 8 PM. Today in fasting (7 AM) it went up to 197.
- I am a 62 yo female. Was hit by truck on my bicycle in the late 80's. I have DDD in back & neck, FMS and degenerative arthritis all over body (shoulder & knee need displacement). In short, chronic pain since 1998. I have been on Vicodan for 5-10 years. I am dependent on it, not abusing it. ...