Benzonatate and Mucinex dm drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Benzonatate and Mucinex dm together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Benzonatate and Mucinex dm. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
18 people who take Benzonatate, Mucinex dm are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Benzonatate and Mucinex dm?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBenzonatate and Mucinex dm from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Benzonatate has active ingredients of benzonatate. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Benzonatate 4,647 users)
Mucinex dm has active ingredients of dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex dm 1,393 users)
Interactions between Benzonatate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Mucinex dm and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Benzonatate and Mucinex dma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Benzonatate (benzonatate) is often used to treat cough. Mucinex dm (dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Benzonatate is used in:
- Mucinex dm is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I'm sick with bronchitis and pleurisy can I take both of these?
- I have been on Morphine Sulfate immediate release and Morphine Sulfate extended release for chronic back pain for years. I have considered surgery but was not given good odds that my quality of life would be improved, and there was a very good chance that surgery could land me in a wheel chair ...
- I have a Nocardia infection, atelectasis, and chronic cough. Is it safe to take benzonatate for the cough? Will it make the atelectasis worse?
User reviews to the study
- Just started taking Benzonatate yesterday after doing in for lingering cough after acute bronchitis. After a couple doses noticed breathing was more difficult and coughing worse. Almost feels like I am taking in a breath but not getting in air if that makes sense. Up most of night, only thing ...
- Hey im new here. Feels like my sinuses was acting so i wanted to take mucinex dm because it has an guafenesin in it. I just started taking Garcinia yesterday!!! I just wanted to know will i get sick!!!
- Yes I started taking the Benzonatate100mg tablets and after a week I have started having numbness in my left arm and feels like my face on the right side drawls down! Can this medicine make these side effects?
- Hi, I'm new to online groups. Today I've joined because I've been taking Benzonatate in conjunction with antibiotics. I've lost my sense of smell and taste we're going on 3 days. Can anyone tell me if my senses will return to normal? If so, how long will it take?
- I am Jan and I'm on metropolo tartate 25 milligrams and can I take anything for congestion and cough? How about Mucinex?